Chapter 21

^^^Nina Dobrev as Rachel Utah

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Fight!" Ms Taylor's voice echoed throughout the room.

Lily and I advanced towards each other, calculating and predicting each other's moves. Lily struck first, swinging at me. I ducked and kicked a leg towards her chest. She blocked and attempted to hit me again. I side-stepped it and threw a punch at her. Taken by surprise, she barely managed to dodge it but before she could get her bearings, I lunged foward and with my leg, swept her feet off the ground. She went down with a small shriek and I tackled her. I pinned her arms down to stop her from escaping. She struggled to free herself for a while before realising it was futile and gave up.

"Stop!" Ms Taylor, with chalk in hand, walked towards the blackboard and scrawled my name on it. "Next!"

I extended my hand to Lily. She grabbed it and I pulled her up to her feet. Both of us panting heavily, we left the boxing ring and watched the next pair fight it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn, and I thought knife throwing was hard." I wiped away the beads of sweat that had collected on my forehead as I left the room for lunch with Lily.

"I know right?" She downed the rest of her water. "The next segment will probably be even worse."

"Gosh I'm tired." I sighed theatrically and dropped my head onto her shoulder. She chuckled and pushed me off. "I am too, but get off me!"

We laughed and continued to shuffle foward tiredly in the hallway. Lily stopped. "Hey, I need to go to the bathroom; you just go ahead without me." "Oh, okay then. Later!" We parted ways, me towards my food heaven and her going to answer nature's call.

I took a step foward, only to realise that one of my trainers was loose. Bending down, I quickly re-tied it and adjusted my bag over my shoulder to end up colliding into someone. I looked up to see Daniel with his eyebrows raised, smiling warmly at me. "Hey Ally."

"Hi Dan - wait. How do you even know my name?" I cocked my head to the side quizzically.

"Uh...I have my ways." He scratched his head sheepishly before his eyes widened, realising what he just said. "I mean, I heard people calling you that." He quickly rushed to amend his mistake.

I bit my lip to stop from laughing at his beet red face. A small smirk on my face, I had to admit to myself that what he did was amusing and cute at the same time. And yet, a tiny bit stalkerish.

Wait, what did I just think?

"Anyways," Daniel's voice broke me out of my reverie. "You need help with that? Looks kinda heavy." He pointed at my heavy-ass bag.

"Oh, thanks, but I'm good-" I protested but he was already sliding the bag off my shoulder.

"Where to?" He slung it over his shoulder nonchalantly, like he was carrying a bag full of air. I raised my eyebrows. "Just to the cafeteria, Mr Muscle."

He started off towards the cafeteria, gripping the strap of the bag with one hand, his free arm swinging freely next to him. Psh. Typical boys. If he just started whistling, he'd be the perfect spokesperson for a farm advertisement. I laughed internally, imagining him in faded overalls and an oversized floppy straw hat.

We neared the cafeteria. I invited him to sit with us again, which he agreed to. Outside the bathroom nearest to the cafeteria, students were crowded around one of the many TV panels. The Academy installed TV panels everywhere to keep us updated on human and supernatural news alike. And I mean, really everywhere. It's kinda disturbing, imagine: When you're in the bathroom, just minding your own business then you hear someone advertising, "Buy our diapers: Wear it, pee it, trash it!" (Credits to my friends XD)

Daniel paused in his tracks and tilted his head, as if considering something. "That's odd."

I looked up at him confusedly. "What?"

"Everyone here is feeling so...upset...I sense panic and fear everywhere."

"What? You can?"

"It's part of my Element. I can sense and manipulate emotions." I nodded, looking at his gold Emblem again.

We crowded in, pushing into the sea of people to find out the cause of everyone's distress. This TV panel was tuned into a human TV channel. The announcer, a middle-aged man with salt-and-pepper hair, was saying, "Breaking news! A stunning revelation that will shock the world! Do supernaturals actually exist? More details at 6!"

Daniel and I froze upon hearing those words. "What?" I asked disbelievingly. "Did he just say...?" "Supernaturals exist?" Daniel finished.

We looked at each other, both pairs of eyes filled with fear. Oh shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
So...idk bout that. The part where Ally has her internal confession? Yeah...DON'T JUDGE MEH. That slogan though. XD Omg. Best. Thing. Ever. ...Now...WHAT'S 9 PLUS 10? 21! Sorry I had to :P