Chapter 42

As if there was already an established silent agreement amongst all of us, we reached out for the new envelopes and immediately ripped them open, not caring about being gentle anymore.

I quickly pulled out the paper inside with excitement, anticipation and nervousness. This time, the words 'Mystique Realm' were there.

"Oh thank God," I sighed in relief, staring at the two words.

The others had finished opening their envelopes and were looking at their papers too.

"Oh great, now they only say the country. That's so helpful."

"Brazil?"

"I have Australia."

"Still just Antartica." I could hear the 'Are you kidding me?' tone in Rachel's voice.

"Now that we all have our designated countries, what's the next step? We need more specific clues before we can leave." Lily, the ever-mature one, said.

"Maybe we should do some research." Logan said, pulling out his phone and swiping right on the screen to unlock it.

Everyone else but me followed suit, pulling out their phones. "Well, you just go ahead here. I don't think Google can help me search up Mystique Realm." I waved them off, picking at the velvet material of the armchair.

The next few minutes were silent and only the sound of the phones' keyboards could be heard as my friends typing away.

Noah groaned, breaking the silence. "I have absolutely no idea what to search for. I mean, North America's so big, what exactly should I search for?"

"Same," Aurelia ran a hand through her straight black locks, shaking them out. "We can't stop the possessing if we don't find the clues and take over as Leaders."

"It has to be something to do with our Elements." Maddie mused. "That would make the most sense. Maybe there's a volcano for Aurelia or a lake for Noah or something."

"Huh," Lily contemplated, chewing on her bottom lip thoughtfully. "That could work. Let's give it a shot. It couldn't hurt anyway."

Everyone nodded and resumed their search.

Soon, I heard someone exclaim proudly, "Bingo!"

We all turned our heads to Rachel, curiosity alight in our eyes. She beamed triumphantly at us and turned her phone to face us.

"Behold," She gestured dramtically to her phone. "I've received Antartica as my clue and since the whole of Antartica is basically related to ice, I tried searching up..." She trailed off, turning her phone back to her and pressing something.

"The coldest place on Earth. It's a Russian research station in a place called Vostok in- get this- Antartica. And according to several websites, the lowest temperature ever recorded was there at..." She glanced at her phone. "Minus 128.6 degrees Celsius in 1983."

Poof. The envelopes that Rachel had gotten disappeared and in their place appeared a single piece of paper.

It wrote: Congratulations on guessing right, Rachel Utah. Meet the Ice Leader, Ida, at the Russian research station in Vostok, Antartica in 3 days' time.

"Whoa," Daniel rose his eyebrows. "Impressive. We should all follow her lead huh?"

"Mh hmm," Flynn voiced out his agreement, then slapped his forehead. "Of course!"

"What?" Our attention shifted from Rachel to him.

"It's so stupidly obvious, I can't believe I missed it." He shook his head. "I got South America, and how is that related to nature? The Amazon rainforest in Brazil, of course."