Important annoucement

Hey.

Yep, it's been a long time. Almost 2 years to be exact.

This announcement has been long overdue. It's finally up now though, thanks to one of my older readers lecturing me, which was really well-needed.

I know I've been leaving you guys hanging for a long time, and I'm really sorry for that. But I think most of you might already know what I'm about to say:

I'm discontinuing The Elementals.

The main reason would be because well, I've just simply lost interest. This book was something I planned a few years back when I was 12. Now I'm 16, and my writing has evolved and improved (I hope).

Honestly, my writing as a tween/early teenager was horrendous. I myself cringed whenever I read my older chapters. I didn't have a clear plot, my characters were sloppy, I had no sense of the direction that I wanted to take the book in past Chapter 50.

I think this book was a result of 12-year-old me just wanting to get something out. Most of the plot was just made up on the spot without further exploration into the characters and setting etc.

All in all, I'm really, really unhappy with this book.

And it's hard for me to write something I don't like and have no interest in. The last few chapters became something of a filler, and I honestly cannot remember how I wanted to end off this book.

Of course, ending this book doesn't mean that I'm not going to write anymore. I do have plans to publish a new book, (still unconfirmed though!) at a time when I'm not as busy as I'm currently prepping for a national exam. I do intend to sort out the plot carefully this time and try to give more regular updates.

All I can ask for is your continued support when this new book comes out :)

Who knows, maybe one day I'll rewrite The Elementals. No promises though. For now, I'll be leaving it on Wattpad if you guys still want to reread it; if not, I'll unpublish it.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with the mess that is The Elementals for all these years. Some of you even express how much you like the plot, characters, etc, which really means a lot considering that I don't even like them myself because of the lackluster way in which they were written in.

Thank you so much and once again, I'm really sorry.

- Ra_ch_3lla <3