Chapter 14 - Sweater Weather

There was nothing more than Ransom enjoyed than hearing his wife beg. Pleading with him. Like music to his ears. The idea that he was the one who held all the control was thrilling and never once did he allow her any. No...she had all the control over him that she wanted out of the bedroom.

But inside it? That was his domain.

He'd found that he'd let his guard down around her since the change in the relationship. He'd had girlfriends over the years, but none of them had lasted long enough to be considered anything serious. In all fairness he'd thought that this arrangement would have only lasted weeks, a month at the most before one of them had walked. Ransom had been on the verge many times, but the constant reminder of knowing his inheritance would walk away if he did was something that made him stay. well, that had been the case originally. Now it was Effie herself. He had no idea how she could be so tantalising, but she was. And he craved more.

The first morning he'd woken next to her had been unfamiliar. Sure, he'd been used to one night stands being there on the odd occasion, but Effie's constant presence had taken some time to get used to. Intimately, he knew exactly what made her tick. He had learnt what she absolutely loved, and hated. In return he'd learnt exactly what he liked from her. The begging being one. Ransom could have spent a whole day between her legs and still wouldn't have been satisfied if she didn't scream loud enough. But she did.

She never disappointed, even when he was on the receiving end.

He'd risen before her that morning, autumn had hit Boston and the chill in the air always made him feel more comforted. There was just something about the season in general. Unfortunately it also meant more toxic family gatherings such as Thanksgiving. But that wasn't for a few more weeks yet.

"Your coffee Mr Huge." Paola said, placing it on top of the piano where he was currently sat 'tinkering'. He wasn't the best player, but his parents had all but forced lessons upon him when he was a kid, and since he'd rather have chosen that than to sit through all the boring family get togethers, he picked it up fairly quickly.

"Thanks Paola." He nodded his acknowledgement. "Is Effie awake yet?"

"I can check?"

Her English was getting better...kind of. He'd brought her a kids dictionary with pictures and had spent hours yelling English words at her. Harsh, but effective. Baby steps with this one, and Paola seemed to appreciate the gesture. Ransom was all for surprises, especially if it meant making Effie happy.

"It's ok, don't want her grumpy. You know what she's like." He decided against sending Paola to the lions den and she went back to her chores.

Feeling the presence in the doorway sometime later, he looked up and saw Effie standing there watching. "Wow...you can actually play an instrument. Not completely useless after all." she smirked with light jest.

He noted what she was wearing. "That my sweater?"

"It is...what are you going to do about it?"

Ransom knew that look, his own smirk never faltering, "I think you should take it off."

Effie pouted. "I would, but it's cold...and I'm not wearing anything underneath..."

She was devious. He'd give her that. Both as competitive with one another when it came to playing this game.

"Even better...come on, off with it."

"No way, this thing's cosy despite the holes. You should get Paola to patch them up. She's pretty nifty with a needle." Crossing the room, she flopped into a chair and lounged on it