Chapter 3

I sighed, leaving her standing alone in the living room. I thought about our goodbye as I started to drive home.

**We stood standing in front of her parents house on the walkway. I had to see her one more time; I needed one more goodbye before my mom drove me to the airport. I was moving to LA to be an actor. And she was going to college. "Gemma, I'm sorry. I had to see you once more." I ran my fingers through her dark hair. She used to dye it when we were younger, being ashamed of her bright red hair. I'm so glad she's accepted it now, her hair was one of the first things I noticed about her. I could see the tears welling in her eyes, bringing out more green than blue. I groaned, leaning in before I could think about it. As I did, it began to rain but neither of us cared. We stood, wet from rain and tears, our lips locked desperately together in our one, and now only, kiss. I never wanted to let go, to walk away, but I heard my mom honk the horn. We were already running late when I insisted on seeing her one last time. I pulled away, placing my hands on her cheeks, "you're my Gem. Always." I left her standing and crying in the rain, watching me as I got into the car, pulling away from her.**

It was the biggest regret of my life; leaving her standing there alone. I should have asked her to come with me. That was more than 10 years ago, and now I was married to someone I never loved, with a son. I tried to control my own tears as I pulled into my driveway. I groaned, resting my head on the steering wheel, not wanting to go inside.

"Hey. Where's Harrison?"

I looked up to see Mallory in the living room, reading, "he fell asleep. Gemma said she'd bring him home in the morning, after breakfast." I saw her nod as I sat next to her, watching her. She wasn't an unattractive woman, long blonde hair and brown eyes; she just wasn't Gemma. She sat in just a nightgown as I placed my hand on her thigh. She didn't say anything as I ran my hand up.

Mallory doesn't look up from her book, "what do you want Chris?"

I sighed, grabbing the book from her hand and placing it on the coffee table, "you." That wasn't entirely true, but she would have to do. I heard her sigh as I began to kiss her neck, tailing my mouth upwards.

Mallory groaned, pushing him away, "I'm not really in the mood."

I shrugged, "I can get you in the mood." I went to kiss her again but she pushed me away again. I stood up from the couch, "we have the house to ourselves and you haven't touched me in months! You're just going to sit there and read?!"

Mallory didn't look up, only nodded, "yes. I don't feel like it. I said that."

I watched her for a minute as she ignored me before finally going to the bedroom and shutting the door. I got undressed and plopped on the bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking about Gemma. I groaned, thinking about her sliding my hand up her thigh. She almost let me kiss her, I know she did. Just imagining being with her made me harder than I ever was with Mallory as I began to rub myself through my underwear, thinking about her.

****************************************************

I woke up in the morning to Harrison jumping on my bed. I grunted as I felt a foot in my stomach, "well good morning to you too bud."

Harrison laughed, "good morning Auntie Gemma! You promised me chocolate chip pancakes!"

I laughed, sitting up to see him smiling at me. It made me a little sad especially after Chris's confession about me being the mother of his children. That's all I had ever wanted when we were younger. To get married and have a family with him. "I'm up. Why don't you go downstairs and turn on the tv and let me get dressed." I laughed as he just nodded and ran away.

I got up and dressed quickly as I thought about the events of last night and the fact I almost let him kiss me. We had only kissed the once. And that was a long time ago now. I sighed, heading downstairs to find Harrison watching cartoons on the floor.

Once we finished breakfast I took him home like I said I would. I let myself in to find Mallory reading, ignoring me as usual, and Chris playing the piano. Harrison ran to Chris at the piano and Chris played a song with him. I smiled, watching them for a moment before he turned back to look at me.

"You fill my son with sugar this morning?"

I laughed, "I always do. We had chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter and orange juice." I hesitated a moment, watching him, "well I should go."

Chris nodded, turning to Harrison, "I'll be right back. You stay and keep practicing." He laughed at Harrison nodding and turned back to Gemma, "let me walk you out."

I turned to leave, feeling him follow me out the front door, closing it behind him.

Chris grabbed her hand to make her face him, "I'm sorry about last night Gem."

I pulled my hand away, shaking my head, "I don't know what you're talking about. And please, stop calling me Gem. It hurts too much."

Chris groaned, pulling her body firmly to his, "I want you. I want my Gem."

I moaned softly at the desperation in his eyes and his voice as I felt his body heat against mine. I shook my head, placing my hands on his chest, "you can't have me Chris. I'm sorry."

She tried to break away but he held onto her, bringing a hand up to her cheek. He leaned down so his lips were inches from hers, "I need you."

I could feel his breath on my face, the subtle hints of coffee as I groaned. I wanted him too. I needed him too. I groaned, pushing him away to release his grip on me, "no. Let's forget about this. And about last night. I'm sorry Chris."