Chapter 7

I couldn't help but snicker at Gemma's comment even though I knew it was too far and hurt Mallory's feelings. I looked up at Gemma who didn't look remorseful as I stood up to follow Mallory. I found her in the bedroom, crying. I groaned, kneeling on the floor in front of her, "I'm sorry. She didn't mean it."

Mallory shook her head, wiping away tears, "I don't know why you're still friends with her."

"What do you mean? We've been friends practically my entire life. And Harrison loves her."

Mallory scoffed, "well she's always hated me."

I shook my head, "no. That's not true. She thinks you don't like her. That's all. I'm sorry. I'll talk to her." 

Mallory nodded, placing her hands around his neck, "thank you."

Before I knew what was happening, her lips were pressed firmly to mine as I let out a small moan. She hadn't kissed me like this in forever as she stood up, pushing me back against the dresser. She knelt on the ground in front of me, undoing my pants, "now? You want to do that now?"

She looked up at him as she pulled his hard cock from his pants, "you want me to stop?"

I shook my head as I rested my hand on her head, "god no." I moaned as I felt her taking me into her mouth urgently, "fuck." I guided her head on me faster, "I'm not going to last long." As I felt the beginning of the release I heard a small knock on the door, but before I could say anything I saw Gemma peek her head inside. I could see the anger on her face as she quickly retreated, "fuck." I looked down and noticed Mallory didn't notice anything as she released me. I quickly put myself back in my pants as I went searching for Gemma.

**************************************************

I couldn't find Chris and Mallory so I peeked into their room and found her on her knees with her mouth wrapped firmly around his cock. So much for them not having sex. I locked eyes with him for a moment, seeing the guilt as I quickly closed the door. I went back outside and found Lucas standing alone.

"Woah! What's the matter Gem?"

I shook my head, "I don't want to talk about it."

Lucas groaned, "you can't expect me to keep this up with you if you aren't going to tell me everything."

I sighed, resting my hands on the back of his neck, "okay. I promise I'll tell you everything later, when we leave. Okay? When you spend the night."

Lucas laughed, "I have to work at the bar tonight. Come and talk? And I'll plaster you with free alcohol and drive you home?"

I nodded, laughing, "perfect." I saw Lucas nod his head behind me and I turned around to see Chris.

"Can we talk? Alone. Please."

I hesitated, but nodded, "fine." I followed him into the kitchen, helping him place birthday candles on the cake, "not getting sex, huh?"

Chris scoffed, "that's literally the first time she's touched me in months. I've never lied to you once Gemma." He leaned on the counter on one hand as he placed his other hand on his hip, "are you going to lie to me?"

"About what?" 

He motioned his head outside, "Lucas. You really dating him? Or trying to make me jealous?"

I laughed, shrugging. I approached him, closing the distance between us, "why can't it be both?"

Chris groaned, "don't you realize how hard this is for me? I want you, but I know I can't have you. And then you bring that guy here, all over him. And you let him call you Gem!"

I heard him raise his voice at the end, "Mallory told me to bring a date. And why shouldn't he call me Gem?"

He growled, grabbing her waist, "because you're my Gem. My jewel; mine."

I placed my arms around his neck, "not anymore Chris. I'm sorry." I leaned up, hovering my lips over his as I heard his breath hitch, "you have a new jewel now. And it isn't me." I quickly let go as he released me. "Let's take this cake out there." I left him standing in the kitchen as I went back outside. I found Mallory, placing my hand on her back, "hey. I wanted to apologize for earlier. I didn't mean it."

Mallory nodded, "it's fine. Thank you."

I found Lucas, grabbing his hand as we watched Chris came out with the cake and we all sang happy birthday to Harrison. 

At the end of the party, Chris pulled me to the side again, "what if I left her? 

I laughed, shaking my head, "you wouldn't."

He groaned, "I would. For you. I want you Gemma. I always have. I know you do too."

I pulled my arm out of his grip, "let's not pretend that is something you would ever do. You're stuck, and you're there by your own doing Christopher. Live with it."

Chris shook his head, "no. I love you. I'll leave her. And don't call me Christopher, you don't know what it does to me."

I smirked, lowering my voice as I pressed my body to his, "what does it do?"

He groaned, pulling her closer to him, "I think you know."

I felt him hard against me, making my breath hitch as I reached down, rubbing him through his jeans. I heard him moan softly as he closed his eyes. I laughed, "you let me know when that actually happens. I won't hold my breath though. I have to go. My boyfriend is waiting for me." I quickly let go as I walked away from him.