Air Leo

"Hey, Janelle, how about that lunch special today?" Leo asked as he walked up to Janelle.

"Really? That's your opener?" Janelle asked, looking at Leo.

"Well, I was gonna go with 'Where have you been all my life?' but I'm only, like, 14, so... What are you up to?" Leo asked.

"I'm signing people up for the annual one-on-one basketball tourney." Janelle explained.

"Ew. How'd you get stuck doing that?" Leo asked.

"I love basketball." Janelle said.

"Me, too! I too love the basketball. In fact, they call me 'Hoop Master Leo'." Leo said.

"No, they don't."

"No, they don't. Hey, check this out." Leo said and grabbed an empty water bottle. He tried throwing it into the trash can, but ended up hitting Trent in the face. "Where'd that come from? Who threw that?" Leo started asking.

"Oh, hey, do you wanna sign up for the one-on-one tourney? We need people badly." Janelle said so some students that passed by.

"Oh. Sign me up." Leo said.

"Not that badly." Janelle said.

"One-on-one tourney? Don't you mean 'The Trent Show'? Starring Trent... With a special appearance by... Trent." Trent said, walking up to Leo and Janelle.

"Trent, you're the five-time champ. I already signed you up." Janelle said.

"You've been in high school for five years?" Leo asked.

"No." Trent said, then slightly turned and started counting with his fingers. "Yeah. Hey, little guy... think fast!" Trent continued, laughing and faking throwing a basketball at Leo.

"Okay, you got me." Leo said.

"Ah, that never get's old." Trent said.

"Yes. Yes, it does." Leo answered while Trent walked away.

"No one's signing up for the tournament because he wins every year." Janelle explained.

"Oh, look how sweet. He's autographing that kid's cheek." Leo said as they both turned to look at Trent, who was on the other side of the school.

"I am literally all up in your face. And I used his freckle to dot the 'I'." Trent said, grabbing a student's face.

"If he just spelt 'Trent' with an 'I', he's gonna be here a lot longer than five years." Leo said while Janelle nodded in agreement.

***
"And no matter what I do, Trent always makes me look like a foole in front of Janelle." Leo complained to Chase and Jodie.

The three of them were down in the lab, two of which were messing with a console.

"Well, he does get a little help from you in that area." Chase said.

Leo laughed sarcastically while Chase shrugged. "How awesome would it be if I could beat him in that basketball tournament? That would impress her." Leo said.

"Wait a second." Chase said, turning to the two.

"Oh no, you just turned on that Chase I'm-smarter-than-you-and-I-have-a-
big-idea-light-bulb face!" Jodie said as the trio smiled. "It's not your best look by the way." She continued and gave Chase a small kiss on the cheek.

"Davenport has been working on an anti-gravity high-top sneaker for astronaut training. Maybe the sneaker's will up your game with a few gravity-defying slam dunks." Chase explained. He had walked over to where the sneakers were and the duo followed.