[17] The real talk

LISA POV

The little witch pulled me away from the camp. First I thought she might head towards my tent but she didn't. While holding onto her hand, I could clearly feel that she was nervous and also a little scared. I was nervous too. I had never done this before.

I had never had to have 'the talk' with somebody. Had never had to confess feelings to somebody before. I had never felt the need to tell a girl that I wanted her to be with me and only me, possibly for the rest of our lives. This soulmates stuff was heavy.

Jennie pulled me into the forest but not too deep. Just through the first row of trees before she let go of my hand and I saw her eyes flash bright blue with the magic that was flowing through her. She made tree branches form in the by now familiar shape of her nest, only this time she made it bigger.

My heart jumped a little when I realized that she had conjured up a two-person-nest, instead of a single one. It wasn't too high up and she climbed the tree in practiced moves, giving me a wonderful view of her cute little butt. I ignored my stupid thoughts and climbed up behind her.

Once inside, she sat down, her legs crossed, looking at me intently. I became nervous all over again but before I could even wrap my mind around what I should say, she spoke up.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Her eyes were still the most gorgeous blue that I have ever seen. But I refocused on the words that were coming out of her mouth. She went on. "You told the girls you knew as soon as I triggered your powers."

I took a deep breath to calm my nervous heart before I answered. "I... was mad... at first... because I'm the last person who ever fantasized about... soulmate stuff. I was never that kind of fairy..."

Her eyes pierced through me while she listened to me. It made me even more nervous inside. I was so afraid of saying the wrong thing. But I knew enough about relationships from watching Chaeyoung with Jackson, to know that honesty was the most important thing. So I tried my best to be completely honest with Jennie and hoped she would appreciate my efforts even if I said something she did not like.

"And I was also scared... of the magic itself. I didn't know how it works and I still don't..." That was painfully honest.

"I can only remember vague things that the elders told us. But back then I didn't believe it was actually true, so I... didn't really listen too intently..."

I saw her fidget with her hands.

"Lisa listen, you know I feel... something for you. You're not exactly letting me hide it..." It didn't sound like an accusation but I knew that low-key it actually was.

"Not on purpose! I can control my powers around the others just fine, but somehow not with you..." I immediately defended myself. I really couldn't help it. Maybe my mate wasn't supposed to keep her emotions from me. Maybe it was even supposed to help us understand each other better.

"Whatever! Just... I can't be yours, I can't be what is suggested for us to be! I can be yours at night but I am not... soulmate material!." Jennie's eyes flitted back and forth between mine nervously.

My eyes darkened slightly in hunger when she practically told me that sex would always be an option. And my former self would have been just fine with that sort of arrangement. 

But not anymore. 

Jennie was my soulmate and I wanted it all. I wanted a commitment.

I did not know anything about being someone's partner, someone's mate. But I knew that I would try so hard for my dark haired witch. I would.