[34] The glow [M]

JENNIE POV

Last night, Lisa had given her all, making love to me until I fell asleep. I didn't know why but it turned me on to no end when she was slow and gentle with me. Something about it was so sensual and intimate, I couldn't help but fall apart. Multiple times. 

I had touched her too but she only let me do her twice and kept focussing back on me. I didn't complain. 

Now, morning was here. I had woken up maybe ten minutes ago but I knew it was still too early to get up, so I scooted closer to my sleeping mate and nestled into her body. She was turned towards me and her breathing was so even. I snuck into her body like it was my blanket, pressing my face to her neck and claiming her with my arms and legs. 

"Nini..." she whispered out more asleep than awake and I felt her arm sneak around my back, holding me to her. Her eyes were still closed, her heartbeat was strong and steady. 

I was excited to go to the river today to recharge my powers. Being weakened as I was, did not sit too well with me. I didn't like it. But I knew how nervous Lisa was about me going out there. Even if I was with Suga who had prooved his loyalty more than once. 

She wasn't happy because she was scared. Scared that something might happen to me. I knew that and it was amazing to feel first hand how protective she was of me but I simply had to do this. There was no way around it. We needed my full magical potential.

Lisa and I had gotten closer steadily in those last two weeks and we finally got to a place where both of us seemed happy and more at ease with everything concerning us. I learned that the things that came with not pushing Lisa away, were actually really amazing. I felt the butterflies in my stomach every morning when I woke up next to her and when she caught my eyes and slowly leaned in to kiss me, my heart fluttered like crazy. However, we still needed to crack the matter of this elusive faye soulmate power that was supposed to be our one-way ticket out of here.

Elphias, the faye elder, had said that it would come to us as soon as we dropped all the barriers between us and when it did, we'd know what to do with it. But to be honest, we had no fucking clue.

"Lili, are you awake?" I nustled my nose against her jaw, speaking with a still very much sleepy voice. Lisa groaned quietly and I felt her head move slowly to press a sloppy kiss to my forehead. 

"We have to get up soon to meet Suga." I whispered into her skin and cuddled closer. Her hand on me became slightly more possessive and she shook her head. 

"M'not letting you go..."

I chuckled lowly. "I'm afraid you have to, honey..."

"No... I changed my mind." She grumbled above me, now becoming more awake. She emphasized her words by hooking her leg around my knee lazily.

"My powers are weak Lili... and that doesn't feel good."

"Did I not make you feel good enough last night then?" Lisa joked and tried to make it seem lighthearted but I knew that underneath it all, she was very very nervous and reluctant to follow through with this plan.

"Babe, if you could recharge my powers with your tongue, believe me, I'd absolutely love that, but...."

"Yeah, I know..." she admitted quietly with stoic defeat in her voice. She sighed audibly. Also I felt her chest rise and fall in front of me as I was pressed against her so cosily. "Just...." She shook her head and her hand on my back stroked up and down firmly. "just... promise you'll come back...?" It was more a command than a question but I nodded heavily and raised my chin up to catch her mouth with mine.