Entry 2: The Book

Life used to be normal; I lived with my mother, father, brother, and sister. My father was Soichiro Yagami, he was the police chief of our city. He was hardworking and very protective of his family, and he wanted the best for me, Sayu, and Light.
My mother was Sachiko Yagami, she was a doting mother who wanted us to be happy and successful in life. She was always proud of our achievements and supported us in our endeavors.
The apple of my parents eye was my brother, Light, he's seventeen years old and he's about to graduate from high school. He's extremely intelligent and polite. Light's test scores were the highest in the country, and he had his pick of the best universities. He was on his way. As the middle child I had a lot to live up to, I was about to approach my last year of high school and my teachers instantly knew who I was and compared me to him. It was starting to get exhausting after a while. All I wanted was to be loved and accepted, because I had nothing but good intentions for my life and people around me. I saw the good in everyone. I believed everyone was generally good, no one was born bad.  
Last but not least was my little sister, Sayu, she was fourteen years old who loved reading, watching romance television shows, and telling funny stories. We would tell each other everything and share laughs. She was my best friend.
Light was my best friend as well, he was always willing to help me and Sayu with our math homework. He also took us to the amusement park on days where we needed a day of fun. I learned not to take moments with my family for granted, and people who you think you've known for your entire life aren't always who they seem.
Something seemed off about my brother and I had seen some strange behavior that alarmed me. He had become dangerously obsessed with death and a new world.
Light was convinced that he was going to rule the world and get rid of all the people he deemed evil and impure. I actually heard him maniacally laughing in his room about that, and then I saw him rapidly writing what appeared to be names in a black notebook that had an otherworldly aura to it. "I will create a new world, free from evil. I will have justice!" what I saw must have been a nightmare, it couldn't have been real.
I was about to walk past his room carrying a basket of clothes I just finished washing, when I saw something that scared the daylights out of me and I gasped.

Suddenly I saw a pair of red eyes illuminating from the darkness of my brother's room. I rubbed my eyes to make sure it wasn't my imagination, and sure enough, it wasn't. I dropped the laundry basket on the ground in shock and began to shake. 
That's when I began to scream.

  I was convincing myself I had imagined the whole thing, but I would only be lying to myself.