Entry 17: Set in Motion

"Are you sure you want to do this?" L asked as we were sitting in his office, talking about the impending dangerous part of our plan. "Yeah, I'm sure. It needs to be done to stop Light," I told my husband.

It was raining hard that day, and it made the city look dreary. "You have a good heart, Saki. I love that about you." L put his arm around me. I looked at him with flattery, "Thank you, I've had a good influence on me, sweetheart." I smiled and used his pet name that he always gave me. His pale skin flushed red with bashfulness.

"Light knows that I know he's Kira, but when the evidence is put forth, who knows what he could do?" I hugged L, and his embrace calmed me down. "I've seen what he's capable of." "As long as we're side by side, everything will be okay." he stroked my hair to make me calm. "I love you, Saki. Never forget that." "Words can't express how much I love you, L." 

Soon, we were hard at work to stop Higuchi. It was getting scary. Their memory of the shinigami and the Death Note were completely wiped. My memory wasn't erased, because of my power. Only L and I knew, and we would use that to our advantage.

I hacked into the radio system in Higuchi's car, and Matsuda was able to get a signal so we could see him on the video on the big monitor.

Light called the Yotsuba group posing as L to warn them that we had been listening to their conversation and gave them a month to stop their killings or we would release who Kira really was; just like we hoped, Higuchi took the bait. Misa would attempt to gain information out of him by seeing if he was the Yotsuba Kira and she did the unthinkable by telling him she was the Second Kira. 

I talked to Ryuk and Rem, and they were still aware of what was going on. I asked again if they were still willing to help stop Light, and fortunately they still agreed. Rem was the most willing to help. I gave Ryuk another apple to keep him happy. "Y'know, you're a lot nicer than your brother. He made me earn apples." the shinigami grumbled. "Well, you've been a great help. This is my way of saying thank you." I told him.  

I sat by myself, pondering everything that has been happening, and it still scared me to death; but I wouldn't change anything because I met and married L. He was my world and my safe space; I trusted him more than anyone. We only had each other to trust. 

Knowing how Light worked, I knew he was enjoying every minute of this because he saw it as a game. He saw me and L as obstacles in his path to get his idea of justice. 

Another thing I was worried about was Misa and her relationship with my brother. In any other situation, I would have fully supported their relationship, but knowing what Light was capable of and what he planned to do; I was worried about her. He had his hooks in her so deep and that was certainly going to put her in a world of pain when he was done with Misa. She said she didn't care if he used her, in fact, she didn't mind. 

  I needed to find some way to help her because I didn't want my best friend to get hurt. 

If Light was able to regain his memory of owning the Death Note and being Kira, then he would be more ruthless and evil than ever. He was set on world domination and I wasn't going to let him do that, but I needed to stop him when he wasn't going to expect it.

The dangerous part of our plan was this; we would make Light think he could use the Death Note's power on me and L (he was immune to the power because we had become mentally connected through our marriage, which was a relief), I would let Rem write mine, L's, and Watari's names in her Death Note to make it seem like she could write our names. Since L and I were connected and we both shared my immunity, we wouldn't actually die. She had told me that the shinigami had a power that could make a human appear dead in dire situations where they needed to make a fast getaway; it was a power that hardly anyone knew about.  (she had no problem with this, she wanted to do anything to stop Light from hurting more people) and she wanted to help Misa find a way out of her toxic relationship with my brother; Watari would be in on the plan as well, as a result Watari, L, and I would be faking our own deaths. We would make Light think he had won, let him bask in his supposed victory for a while, and then we would work alongside Near to catch him by surprise. 

Light wouldn't win. I wouldn't allow it; for the good of the world.