Entry 11: Life with L

We were blissfully happy together. In our little house in Tokyo, we had everything we needed/wanted.
Watari was like a second father to me, and he was always there for us.
One memory that is dear to my heart was on mine and L's wedding night, we listened to a romantic songs on the radio and slow danced. My heart had the familiar warm and fuzzy feeling. My parents always told me that being married to your true love feels like everything in the world has fallen into place. You literally feel connected to your other half, like nothing in the world could tear you apart, and that's exactly what I felt with L. I knew he felt it too. We would also cuddle on the couch enjoying each other's company, and we could even be in blissful silence because we were so comfortable with each other.
L stroked my hair and kissed my forehead, and then on the lips. Our connection as husband and wife was strong and unbreakable.

He took me to London for our honeymoon and showed me the place where he grew up; it was a mansion called Wammy's Place, and it was an orphanage/school for gifted children that was ran by Watari. "My childhood wasn't what you would call normal, I never remembered my parents, but Watari has been the only father figure I've ever had." L explained, he was taking me on a tour of the facility, taking my hand. "How long were you here?" I asked wanting to know more. "Up until I was seventeen, that's when I came to Japan for residency. I've never really had a permanent home, until I met you, Saki" L smiled his boyish smile. "Aww, you're sweet." I gushed. "I'm grateful for you, Ryuzaki." I smiled. "I'm grateful for you too, Aina." he hugged me. We would call each other by our aliases as pet names for each other.

  "Have you always wanted to be a detective?" I wanted to get to know my husband more. We always told each other everything. "Yes, I have always had a liking to solving problems, thinking through scenarios to find possible solutions. I wanted to help people and bring them peace." he wrapped his arm around me and we continued our walk. We were going through the levels of the house and we saw two kids playing in the den. They were two boys playing chess. L smiled, "Never thought I'd see you two again."

The boys looked up and grinned. "L!"  One of them was tall and skinny with bright blond hair and green eyes, he had a piece of chocolate hidden in his pocket. The other boy had bright white hair, ghostly pale skin, wore all white, and sat in his chair just like L would.

"It's so good to see you!" the blond haired boy exclaimed. "Good to see you too, Mello," L patted him on the head.  "Who's the girl?" Mello asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, L, introduce the lady." The white haired boy said politely. "Mello, Near; This is my beautiful wife, Saki." L introduced me to the boys. "Hello," I greeted the boys. "Hello," the boys greeted. "You're very pretty," Mello said with a bashful smile. I chuckled, "Thank you, but I'm taken." my comment made L smile and he kissed my forehead. "Then I hope to find a girl as pretty as you, Saki!" Mello exclaimed. "I'm sure you will," L told him.
"What brings you here?" Near got down from his chair to talk to us.
"I wanted to show Sakii where I grew up, she deserves to know everything about my life." L explained. "I suppose that's fair," Mello shrugged and took a bite of the chocolate bar he was eating. L and I chuckled.
"Have you had any luck finding Kira?" Near asked with curiosity. "I do feel like we're close to a breakthrough, I have a theory it could be someone we know very well." L replied. "I wonder if we're thinking of the same person." I said, knowing that I needed to tell him what I knew.

"Who did you have in mind?" L asked with intrigue. "My brother," I said quickly.

Later that night...

I told L everything.

  "How long have you known?" "I've known for a while, but I couldn't tell anyone." tears prickled, threatening to escape. "Was that what you couldn't tell me before?" "Yes, I'm so sorry L. I wanted to tell you for a long time, but I was afraid Light would hurt you, and me." I began to cry. Light couldn't hurt me with the Death Note, but he could hurt me by hurting L. I felt guilty that I kept this secret from him for so long, the investigation could have gone much faster and I felt like it was all my fault. "I hope you can forgive me," I sobbed.

L tenderly stroked my face, "Shhh," he said gently. "I am not angry with you. You could never make me angry." he assured me. "I understand why you couldn't tell me, Light threatened you and he scared you, you are not at fault sweetheart," he kissed my forehead and then my lips. "I love you more than anything in this entire world, Saki. You're my world and my life."  he ran his fingers through my hair and then kissed my forehead again. "L, I love you so much. Thank you for understanding. You're the most important man in my life." I kissed him softly on the lips. Touching my face, he returned the kiss. "Now that we know who Kira is, we'll come up with a plan to catch him by surprise. He won't suspect a thing." he smiled at me, "I'll need your help." "I'll be happy to help, babe." I flirted with him. He chuckled, "You keep getting more adorable everyday." he held my hands and kissed them. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me in a hug. "I love you." "I love you forever." we cuddled on the couch before going to sleep for the night, at least I went to sleep. L had a habit of staying awake for days, and that worried me as his wife, so I would try to get him to sleep out of concern for his health.

   All of the guilt and anxiety I was feeling for over a year actually went away. In a marriage, you're supposed to trust your spouse and tell them everything. I was over the moon that L was so understanding about it, and it made our marriage stronger. Now that he knew, the investigation was going to take an interesting turn. Neither of us knew how it would turn out; but we did know it would be dangerous.

Light didn't know that he knew, and I was hoping Ryuk didn't know. I needed to continue on with gaining his trust, so that he would help me stop him. L and I would spend hours coming up with a plan to further the investigation. We went over possible scenarios and hypothesized the outcomes.

  We had a study in our house where we would work together and Watari would sometimes assist us with our work. We sat at the oak table with our computers and type out the data we collected. Sometimes, we would catch each other's glances and smile at each other. We would steal kisses to make each other smile.

  "We make a great team," I told L as I was doing my work. He beamed, and his grey eyes lit up, "I couldn't agree more." he kissed me on the cheek. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. We were still very much in love and the spark in our romance was still alive and well, we didn't have to worry about it going out.

  Nothing could tear us apart.