Entry 10: My Forever

The wedding was beautiful, and only the few people L and I trusted were our guests; we liked it that way, it was more meaningful. Watari officiated the marriage, and he used L's alias Ryuzaki and my real name to avoid any potential suspicion from my family. Since Misa and I had become friends, I invited her to come to the wedding and included her as a bridesmaid with Sayu. Dad knew that aliases were vital and he knew L needed to use one the most because he was the biggest target for Kira. The dress I chose was a simple lace dress with a flowered veil. L wore a simple black tuxedo, and this was one of the only times he would wear shoes.

L and I said our vows to each other. My heart was bursting with joy again and happy tears ran down my face. I was going to be with the man I loved for the rest of my life, and I was perfectly happy with that.

"You're my forever," L caressed my face. Feeling my face grow warm with bashfulness, I grinned, "You are my forever," I repeated. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss." Watari told us. We shared our first kiss as husband and wife. Our few guests clapped and cheered. "Yay! True love!" Misa clapped and cheered. Her funny comment made us laugh.

I hugged Misa, "Thank you so much, Misa." "Sure thing, best friend," she grinned as she gave me a hug. "Thanks for coming, best friend."

I went back to L, he kissed me on the forehead and then out his arm around me.

"Congratulations to you both, I know you will have a happy life together," Mom hugged me and L. "Thank you," he and I said at the same time.

"Already speaking together," Sayu gushed and hugged us, "Congratulations," my little sister said. "Thanks Sayu," I hugged her. She then got teary eyed, "Does this mean you're gonna move out?" "Yes, but we won't be far." I promised her. "You can come visit us anytime you want." L told her. I smiled at him gratefully and so did Sayu. "Thank you Ryuzaki," she hugged him again. "Of course, Sayu," he hugged my sister.

"Thank you for making my daughter so happy, Ryuzaki. I'm grateful she has you," Dad shook L's hand. "I am so happy to be with her, sir." L's black eyes were beaming with happiness, "Saki means everything to me." "I love you," I kissed him on the cheek. "I love you too, sweetheart." he kissed me on the forehead.

"Saki, I see you're in good hands." Dad observed with a proud smile. "I am," I leaned my head against my husband's shoulder. "Remember, you can always come back and visit. Your mother and I will always be there for you." "Thanks Dad." I hugged him.

It made me happy that L was getting along so well with my family, but I was a little scared for how Light would interact with him.

I was hoping he wouldn't find out his real name.

Light was the last family member to congratulate me and L. "Little sis is all grown up," he smiled a small smile. I smiled, "It would seem so."

"I'm happy for you, Saki. I really am." my brother informed me. "Thank you, Light." I said with mild caution. "

"I'm glad my sister has you," Light smiled at me and L proudly. "Thank you, she's wonderful." L smiled adoringly at me. "You're wonderful." I flirted. "So sickeningly sweet," Light teased. "Very funny," I teased back.

Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about on the happiest day of my life. It was a wonderful day that I will never forget. I love L with all my heart and soul. We moved to the quiet part of Tokyo to maintain permanent residence; we would still meet with my father's colleagues at various hotel locations for the Kira investigation, and I didn't mind, because it made life more of an adventure. I was no longer afraid of the unknown.

I was now Saki Lawliet, and I loved the sound of that.

I am truly in love with L and I'm forever grateful to him for choosing me to be his wife. We would work together to stop Kira.