Entry 15: Stand Off

The next morning I was feeling much better, and I felt rejuvenated and relaxed. I felt ready to take on the world.

L smiled when he realized I was awake, "Good morning Saki, how are you feeling?" he walked to me and gave me a kiss. "Good morning L, I'm feeling much better," I touched his face and kissed him back. "I'm so glad, it broke my heart to see you so terrified," he put his arms around me in a hug, "I'm just glad I had you to protect me." I laid my head on his shoulder. "Your wonderful singing helped me calm down," I smiled. I saw his pale skin turn red, "You heard that?" "Yes, you're an amazing singer." I complimented. "Th-thank you," he stammered shyly. I had never seen him this nervous before, "You're welcome," I kissed him on the cheek, "Why are you so embarrassed?" "I'm not, it's just I've never had anyone in my life that has heard me sing." he ran a hand through his black shaggy hair, "You're the only person I've felt comfortable around, and you have been so patient with me." L looked at me with sincerity, and it warmed my heart. "I'm grateful to you for that, Saki." he opened up. I knew he didn't have the best social skills and that didn't bother me at all, and I didn't know he tried so hard.

"I'm patient with you because I love you," we sat down together to talk, "Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness," I caressed his face, and he beamed, "You're my best friend and my true love. You mean everything to me."

After I said that, he kissed me sweetly. The kiss was full of gratitude and happiness; touching his face, I kissed him back. "I love you, Saki. My sweet and beautiful wife." L beamed. "Your goodness and purity make you even more beautiful. Everyday I fall deeper in love with you, and I appreciate you for being patient with me. Words can't express how much I love you." his sweetness made my heart melt.

I gushed over his affection, "You just made me ten thousand times more attracted to you." I flirted. L chuckled, "You're so adorable." he gave me another kiss.

That would be the last sweet moment we would have before the chaos of the investigation would ensue.

One step of our plan had worked, Light wanted to prove that he wasn't Kira. We both knew this would happen, because he was trying to get the suspicion away from himself as much as possible. To prove he wasn't Kira, he wanted to be locked under surveillance.
He got his wish.
Misa had also been captured due to evidence pointing to her being the second Kira. She wasn't breaking and she was refusing to talk. "Just hurry up and kill me!" she begged with agonizing pain. I saw Rem floating next to her with motherly concern. Then she suddenly switched to thinking a crazy fan of hers kidnapped her. I hated seeing my best friend like that, but it had to be done. She was Light's accomplice after all.

We had both Kira's in our grasp, we just needed to see what would happen during the next three days.
The murders began to go decrease in numbers, and it was getting clear who Kira was.
Light could protest he wasn't Kira all he wanted, but we could all
See it.