Entry 8: Misa

More time passed, and soon there was a second Kira committing murders. Victims would all die the same way and they were all criminals. Because of my power to connect to the shinigami, I was able to see things through the eyes of Rem, a shinigami was bound to the Death Note of Misa Amane, a famous actress and model. She was very much dedicated to find the first Kira, my brother.

  L and I were planning our wedding, which was supposed to be a small ceremony with a few people we trusted, Watari and my family.
L insisted on getting the cake samples for the ceremony, and we spent a whole evening together eating samples of cake until we found one we liked for our special day. It was fun having a date night eating cake. I was happy that he was enjoying himself, and I definitely was.

Since Ryuk was attached to Light, he would be a guest at the wedding as well, that would be interesting. L would still be called by his alias for safety, and I wasn't too worried about using my actual name, because I knew that Light couldn't kill me. I would make sure he couldn't kill L, I wouldn't allow that to happen.

"I love weddings, there's so much happiness," Ryuk gushed as I was planning more details of the wedding. "You have weddings in your world?" I asked as I concentrated on my task. "Yes, but they're not fun. They are boring. Human weddings are more interesting." he replied. "I never knew you were a romantic," I said with a surprised smile. "I may be a shinigami but that doesn't mean I'm can't feel love." he added. "Aww, that's cute," I smiled and I focused on wedding planning.

  I shut my laptop and went downstairs to check with Mom about something, because she was helping me plan the wedding. I also wanted to show her the dress that I had in mind, I wouldn't show L until the day of the ceremony, it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding.

"Mom, what did you think of this design?" I suddenly stopped in my tracks and I saw Misa Amane standing in the living room gushing over Light. She must have been about eighteen or nineteen, she looked young for her age. I wondered how she found Light, but then I remembered her shinigami eyes.

"Hi," I greeted Misa not trying to be rude. "Hello! You must be Saki, Light's sister." she skipped forward to hug me. "That's me," I replied uncomfortably hugging her back. 

Misa stopped hugging me and looked at my engagement ring on my finger, and she immediately got excited, "Who's the lucky guy?" "He's a man I met at school named Ryuzaki, he proposed to me a few weeks ago."  I told her with a smile. That was the story L and I agreed on for when people asked how we met, which was the truth in a way; he attended the same school as me to stay undercover. 

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" "Thank you," I grinned. "Is it going to be a big party?" she eagerly asked. "No, we want it to be small, to be more meaningful." I told her. "That's fair," she said with understanding. I had a feeling that the whole reason she came over was because she knew Light was Kira, but I don't think she knew about my power to be immune to the power of the Death Note, and if she did, there would be no use to trying to kill me.
"Misa and I need to talk, we'll be upstairs." Light told us. "Don't be long, dinner is almost ready." Mom told him. "Okay Mom," Light said as he and Misa walked upstairs. "Hey Misa, wanna help me pick out a dress later?" I asked, wanting to extend an olive branch not only to her but to my brother. I would see if that would make a difference. "Yes! I'm good at picking dresses, I'd be happy to help." She grinned while walking up the stairs. "Thanks!"
"They are so cute!" Sayu squealed. "Yeah," I agreed, sitting down at the kitchen table. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for her safety, because Light didn't seem like he was interested in a romantic relationship with her, but he wanted to use her for her shinigami eyes. "When will we get to meet Ryuzaki?" she interrogated excitedly. "Soon," I promised. "He seems really nice." she observed. Sayu was a sucker for romance, because she was almost always watching romance movies. Hideki Ryuga was one of her favorite actors and she would spend hour watching reruns of shows he starred in. "Ryuzaki is the sweetest guy I've ever met," I said with a smitten expression. "He makes me feel like all the evil in the world is far away. He makes me feel safe." "That's so romantic!" Sayu grinned with excitement. I laughed, "I'm glad we have your support." "You do! I know he'll make you happy." "Thanks Sayu," I hugged my sister.
"You're welcome!" she hugged me back, and then she stopped hugging me. "Saki, why are you only inviting a few people to your wedding?" 

If I told Sayu the truth, then that would put her in danger, and I wouldn't want that for her. I could only tell her part of the truth, "Because we can't trust people these days with Kira causing trouble. It's a safety precaution." I informed my sister. 

We would only have to be more cautious. "Have you found any leads yet?" "I think we could be on to something."

   I looked at my engagement ring on my finger, and I smiled. The upcoming wedding was the only source of happiness I had as Kira made his conquest on the world. I pondered my life with L and imagined what our marriage would be like, and I saw us growing old together surrounded by our grandchildren. 

Life with L was going to be wonderful.