Entry 16: Memories

Light and Misa had somehow lost all their memories of being Kira and the Death Note. They must have given up ownership of their notebooks. Light must have planned for him and Misa to relinquish ownership of their books. We knew that was the case when they both began to panic, begging to be let out. Dad wanted to be incarcerated because Light was his son. 
"Let me out! I'm not Kira!" Light sobbed hysterically. The dark shadow over his face had vanished, and he genuinely looked like he didn't know why he was there or what was going on. 

I wasn't sure what to believe. It was scary to see my brother being so hysterical. "He's manipulating us," I told L as we watched him through the cameras. "He's rather convincing, but I see through the manipulation." "What should we do, honey?" I asked, laying a hand on his shoulder. He was perched in his usual stance on his chair. He looked at me and stroked my hand, "We need to try to get a confession out of him; I know he's your brother, and you care about him, but this is what needs to be done." 

 "I understand; it's what needs to be done." I nodded. He was right; I did care about my brother, but this was what needed to be done. "I love you, and I trust you, Ryuzaki." I smiled. "Thank you, Aina." he gave me a soft kiss. I sat in the chair next to him and still held his hand. 

I saw Ryuk and Rem disappear behind Light and Misa; they had given up the Death Note.
This was vital to the plan. If none of the shinigami were attached to the original owners of the notebooks, then I could fully gain their help. Things were going well. It was an exhausting process for everyone involved, but the murders did stop. After a while, they would go up again. It couldn't be Light or Misa because neither had Death Notes anymore. 

  Little did we know that a third Kira would be present on the radar.
More murders would take place, and more rules would be written in the Death Note, but I knew they weren't real; the owner of the notebook would die if names weren't written within thirteen days, and if anyone sells or burns the Death Note, then anyone who has touched it along with the owner would die. I don't know what possessed the shinigami to add those rules, but they wanted to stir up chaos. I would later realize that Light said those rules, and that was something I didn't know how he'd done it. I could see through his plan.

Suddenly, my mind began to go fuzzy, and then I was able to see through the shinigami who the newest Kira was. It was a man who loved fame and would do anything for money, and the narcissism reeked off of him. This man would cause pain to good people so he could rise above society. He was known as the Yotsuba Kira because the people he would go after weren't criminals; they were people who got in the way of his company climbing up the corporate ladder. 

"Ryuzaki, I can see who Kira is," I told him wide-eyed. My head started to hurt as the image dissipated.

  The man's fiendish grin pierced my mind. 

The man who was the third Kira was Kyosuke Higuchi.

"Saki, who is it?" Misa asked, her eyes were wide with fear. "What's happening to you?" Light inquired. He had forgotten about my power. 

"I can see the new Kira through the eyes of the shinigami, and It's Kyosuke Higuchi; he's a crime boss who is using the Death Note to get people out of his way. He just killed a group of people with the notebook."

I looked at my friends, "This man is pure evil."

More people would join the Task Force: a con man named Eiber and a woman named Wedy, who was a thief. The two of them would help in infiltration to find Higuchi. 

"Sweetheart, are you okay?" my husband asked with concern, holding me. I nodded, "Yes, honey. I have a headache." I rubbed the front of my head to somehow rub the pain away. "Just lay your head on my shoulder to help the pain subside." L guided gently. I did as he instructed, and I closed my eyes. He kissed my forehead and gently stroked my hair and then my face. My heart was still going warm and fuzzy. "Thank you." I smiled at L and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. 

"Saki?" Light asked, not knowing what to do. "It's just my power; sometimes I get a headache after seeing visions," I told my brother. "Are you psychic or something?" he added impulsively. "Light, don't be rude." Dad snapped. "It's okay, Dad. Yes, in a way, I am psychic." My eyes were still closed during that conversation because my head was still hurting. L still stroked my hair and held me, and he would occasionally kiss my forehead. "Don't overexert yourself, Saki," he advised. "I'll try not to, sweetheart," I replied. "I should say the same thing to you," I teased, knowing his sleeping habits. L chuckled, "I know," he gave me another forehead kiss. 

    After losing his memories of owning the Death Note, my brother seemed like his old self, but somehow I could sense something was off. I couldn't be too cautious, knowing how ruthless Light was. I didn't know what Misa had been like before getting her Death Note, but she still was overly obsessed with Light and wouldn't go anywhere without him. She even refused to kiss Hideki Ryuga in the movie she was cast in because she had a boyfriend. 

L and I were getting more suspicious because we knew what was happening. 

 Light and Misa had moved into the facility L had built at the beginning of the Kira case, and the couple was under constant watch. 

L and I maintained a temporary residence in the facility as well. We had a suite that paired as our home and our office. We would each take shifts looking at the surveillance cameras that kept an eye on Light and Misa. Watari would also bring a change whenever L and I got too tired. 

"This is crazy," I urged as I lay down for the night. "It has become more interesting, that's for sure," L laid down beside me, and he held me, kissing the top of my head. "Saki, can I admit something to you?" "Of course, Ryuzaki." I laced my fingers with his and stroked his hand. "I'm stumped on this case. I was sure I had a lead, and then Light and Amane acted like they didn't know anything," he told me with sadness. "I'm questioning my abilities as a detective." "Hey, sweetheart," I touched his face and stroked his cheek; his sadness broke my heart. 

"You are a wonderful detective and a good person," I smiled at him. "I admire you. Being a detective is difficult, but you make it look so easy." I still caressed his face, showing him my love for him was still growing. "I love you, L. My sweet husband." 

   L's pale skin turned bright red as he smiled, "I love you too, Saki. My beautiful, adoring, and sweet wife." he leaned in for a kiss, and our lips met. "Thank you for helping me feel better," he said sweetly. "Anytime, sweetie." I playfully kissed him on the lips. 

    We could sleep soundly that night for the first time in a while. L held me in his arms like he always did throughout our marriage. It was nice to relax after working so much.