Entry 13: Steps Ahead

"What on earth are you talking about?" Dad asked in horror. "Dad, I know it sounds crazy, but Ryuzaki and I have gone over all the possible outcomes, and if everything goes well, then it should work." "It sounds risky," Dad said with worry. "Yes, it is dangerous, but I'm not afraid. I have Ryuzaki to help me, and I'll be helping him." I knew what I was getting myself into. L and I would be putting our lives on the line, but I wasn't afraid due to my power of immunity to the Death Note. I knew we were doing the right thing in stopping Light.

The next step was talking to Ryuk and Rem about our plan. I was nervous about how they would react, but I knew I needed their power for the plan to work. Shinigami were very stubborn creatures, but they loved making deals.

  I discovered I could make the shinigami appear by connecting my mind with theirs, and I summoned Ryuk and Rem. 

"How is this done?" Rem asked with awe; her yellow eye was full of surprise, and she was stunned. "She has a clear mind, Rem. She can see us without having to touch the Death Note." Ryuk told her. "Impossible," She didn't know what to think of my power. 

  I ignored her comment, "Listen, my husband and I need your help." "What can we do for you, Saki?" Ryuk asked with a toothy grin. "We devised a plan to stop Light from carrying out his plan to control the world." "How are you going to do that?" Rem inquired. "That's the part where you guys come in..." 

  I filled them in on what L and I came up with. Rem wasn't too keen on what we had in mind, but she then changed her mind and was willing to help us because she wasn't a fan of my brother. It didn't take much to convince Ryuk to help besides giving him an apple.