Entry 14: Nightmare

I couldn't sleep that night because nightmares invaded my mind like parasites. I woke up in our bed crying. The hell I had was the most terrifying one I've experienced. Light stared at me and L ravenously, and a psychotic grin spread across his face. "It's over. I win." he laughed maniacally. "You're a coward, Light. You are selfish and cruel; you don't care about anyone but yourself." I scowled. A cold atmosphere filled the air, and it was deathly still. I was paralyzed with fear. I held onto L for dear life, "Don't worry, sweetheart, he can't hurt you. I won't let him."

"I care about the world staying perfect and ridding it of evil and decay," his eyes were glowing bright red again and fiery red. "The world doesn't have to be a perfect place, and that doesn't give you the right to take lives! I don't know who you are anymore." angry tears ran down my face.

"You never knew me," he shifted into a shinigami and tried to kill L! "LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I screamed until my throat was raw.

"NOOO!!!" that was when I woke up sobbing. L was beside me in our bed, and he took me in his arms to calm me down. "What's wrong, Saki?" he asked sleepily. "I just had a nightmare; I'm okay," I shifted to face him. He wiped the tears from my face and lovingly caressed it, "Do you want to talk about it?" "Yes," I sniffed and wiped my eyes to keep more tears from coming. I told him everything I had seen in my horrific dream. The tension causing my head to hurt faded like a rising sun after a long, angry storm.

"What can I do to help, sweetheart?" he gently stroked my hair, which was soothing. " You can help by staying with me," I sweetly flirted. He chuckled and kissed me, "I will stay with you forever and ever." Even in the dark, I knew he was smiling his cute smile.

I snuggled against his chest, "Thank you, Ryuzaki." "It's my honor to be with you, Aina." L kissed my forehead, and he held me. "While you're in my arms, nothing will hurt you." he continued stroking my hair until I fell asleep in his arms and held my free hand. I turned my head toward him. Knowing he was there calmed me down. 

Before I fell asleep, I heard him sing to me, and he had an extraordinary singing voice.

In my dream state, I drifted off to a land full of beautiful dreams, and they were all spectacular, and I was thrilled. The peace of mind I felt came from being in the arms of the man I loved, as he was my one true love and my one and only. Something about L's singing seemed to draw me into the peacefulness I was seeking.