twenty six.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊         ┊       ┊   ✫
┊         ┊       ✩    
┊ ⊹       ✯

It was around that time in their prime high school days when Jimin and Seulgi used to date for two years. They were known to be the 'power couple' of the school as they never left each other's sides, even during before class, lunch time, after class or even at Jimin's soccer practice. Until one day a new transfer student came in, catching Seulgi's eye and attention, suddenly left Jimin like it was nothing.

"She didn't even bother explaining why she left him like that. Jimin's been a total dick to women ever since, I mean, he's said to be a chick-magnet but he gets really agressive when girls tend to be too close to him." Jihyo said.

"Well damn, someone really broke his heart big time." Jeongyeon commented.

"Trust me, you didn't wanna know how Jimin acted for months after their breakup. He wanted to drink that whole bottle of fabric conditioner but Yoongi quickly kicked it out of his hands, it was fucking awful."

"What the fuck."

"It's the truth." Jihyo said.

'Was he really that hook up on her?' Jeongyeon thought to herself, 'Was I just getting in the way?'

"I know that look, babe. Whatever you're thinking about right now, bury it ten feet underground." Jihyo said before smacking her back roughly, causing Jeongyeon to yelp.

Jimin heard the small noise coming from his back but when he checked it in a split second, he thought he was hearing things.

"So what closure were you expecting? Me saying sorry to you after you being so clingy and smoochy? It was so annoying, I couldn't stand it!" Her voice apparently shook a bit as she recalls Jimin's high school boy days.

"You're meaning to say that you find all that annoying?" He looked at her ridiculously, "Then why didn't you break up with me in the first place? You shouldn't have cheated on someone who felt nothing but love and respect to you!"

Jeongyeon felt like her chest's going to explode every now and then. She wanted to end their conversation so he couldn't hurt himself once again, but she knew he had to do this. To get the proper closure he deserved.

"I didn't ask you to be faithful to me! Your love was too much, it was suffocating! I couldn't be with myself for once, I have to be around you all of the time!" Seulgi exclaimed.

"If you hate all of those stuff I've done for you out of true feelings, then you could have told me to stop instead of pretending to be happy every single time we're together!" Jimin almost banged on the table, causing the shop cashier to look at their direction.

There were lesser people in the shop right now thankfully so they didn't cause much of a scene other than the cashier being worried that he might trash the whole place for getting angry.

"Look, you were boring, you don't give me enough gifts like Hanwoo-oppa does. You're nothing but full-on love batshit and it was sickening." Her words spat out like venom.

It was enough for him to realize what Seulgi really was and what she thought about their relationship back then. She used to be a really sweet girl, but all that facade faded when her 'mask' fell off today.

"You know what, since you've given me your side of the story, I think that'll be all for today." Jimin stood up from his seat, "It's enough reason for me that you're a total bitch at heart who doesn't appreciate love and affection."

Seulgi rolled her eyes at his words, sarcastically brushing off his words over at her.

"So what now? You're gonna ruin my reputation by spreading lies about me, Chim?" His nickname doesn't even suit well on her lips, which irked him a bit.

"The fact that your botched nose job already ruined your whole face, I guess my work here is done." He shrugged.

Jeongyeon involuntarily snorted but slapped a hand over her mouth to shut up when Jimin once again, turned around to look.

"Y-Yah! Park Jimin! We're not over this ye—"

Jimin slammed the door behind him, walking towards his car that's parked nearby. He sighed heavily,

"Jeongyeon, I know you're there. Stop hiding."

She flinched when she heard her name but she thought there's no point in hiding anymore. Jihyo left her alone just at the middle of their [Seulgi and Jimin's] conversation, since she knows that Jimin will be noticing their presence soon enough.

"Hey." Jeongyeon looked down on her feet but looked up at him anyway.

"It's not polite to eavesdrop, you know?" He asked.

"I know. I'm sorry." Her shoulders dropped low but Jimin smiled at her small frame, walking towards her.

"How about we go to the beach today?"

Jeongyeon gave him a questioning look, "Beach? At this cold weather?"

"Why not?" He gave out his beautiful grin after such a long time, it makes her heart melt.

"I guess we could." Jeongyeon chuckled.

They went inside the car before heading to the beach for a quick talk. A few couple minutes of silence inside the car, Jimin hesitantly held Jeongyeon's hand which is placed on her lap.

She noticed the unsure touch from Jimin but she reached back to him with a soft squeeze, holding each other's hand while the soft music from the radio fills the comfortable silence between them.

∘◦❦◦∘

It's a short chapter, I know. But I guess I might have to compress every single detail of their talk for the next few ones. On the other hand, it's a good thing they had the chance to talk it out. Just a fair warning, this book isn't written to hate on Seulgi or any other people who are in this book who portrays as the antagonist. This is simply just a fiction as our lovely lady Seulgi isn't like that in real life 🥺❤️ Stan Red Velvet tho! Loveyou all and stay safe x