epilogue: thirty

The sound of waves crashing along the shoreline was enough for Jeongyeon to feel like she's at home once more

The sound of waves crashing along the shoreline was enough for Jeongyeon to feel like she's at home once more. The familiar roads and trademark establishments that didn't change for three years ever since she went to Seoul as a nanny for the Park family where she met new important people in her life. The people who changed her for the better, who welcomed her like she's their own kin. Where she met Park Jimin, the man she's been dating for years.

"Home sweet home, Jeju."

Jeongyeon breathed out by the beach side while she's holding her luggage on her other arm, mesmerizing the view from afar. She's wearing this yellow shirt, denim shorts, white kicks with her hair dyed back into dark brown which grew long over the course of years. She remember having that short hair dyed in bright blonde when she first met Jimin and she's been keeping it like that for a long time until she decided that it's too much maintenance to keep it platinum so she dyed it back to dark brown recently.

Jimin on the other hand was just behind her, taking pictures of the beautiful sunset. It was a small camera with a small film, slinging around his neck which obviously makes him look like a tourist. He was wearing this white shirt and denim shorts that ends below his knee, and a pair of slippers. He was way past his hair dyeing era from the range of pink, silver, and blonde so he dyed his hair back to jet black as well. He wouldn't say he 'changed' but since he's about to graduate from college soon, masters degree applications are starting so he wanted to look decent for once.

"It's a good thing we didn't postpone this trip once more." Jimin said as they started to walk further to get to their destination.

"You've been having some interview appointments recently so we can't help it and don't forget you have one on Monday, that's five days from now." Jeongyeon replied, pressing on the crosswalk button so they can cross the street. They could easily see Jeongyeon's aunt's resort house from afar. Jimin was planning to take his further masters degree in dance performance in Seoul and he's been applying non-stop — which means his interviews are neverending.

"I know. The pressure is something else." Jimin clicked his tongue, the yellow light finally lit then turned into red. They proceeded to walk before they finally reached the house — it was simple looking and bright overlooking the beach. It has a glass sliding door on the front porch with a couple of beautiful flowers in different kinds. Jeongyeon was about to knock on the picket fence but her aunt was just at the corner of the bushes, watering the flowers with the use of a hose.

"Jeongyeon-ah?! Is that you?!" The woman in her mid-fifties happily skipped her way to the front door to hug her own niece. "Oh my god. You've grown so beautiful! Is this the Seoul effect?"

"Please, Auntie! Don't flatter me too much!" Jeongyeon laughed back at her. She moved a bit to the side to show Jimin who's waving at Auntie like a shy little boy.

Auntie didn't hesitate and flew over his way for a bone-crushing hug, almost carrying him effortlessly. Jimin's lungs was about to burst, giving out a loud 'oof' when he was caught between Auntie's arms.