𝚃𝚆𝙾

"Ro, what do you think, is she gonna say yes to him?" Ritika asked Rohit, who was actually focused more on TV screen.

"I can't say anything. Main toh kya, even bhagwan can't say anything." He said, not moving his eyes from the screen.

"He is her type!"

"She isn't even clear with her type."

"Ro!" Ritika glared at him. "I am serious, I am seriously worried for her."

"No need to worry at all." Ishika interrupted. "You guys know it, that I am in no mood to get married. You already know my answer. So just stop pondering over all this. Bass bhaiya, aap na aaii ko sambhaal lena."

"Haan haan, bachpan se yahi toh karta aaya hun, kal bhi kar lunga." He said sarcastically. "Par mujhe tujhse ye umeed nahi thi!"

"Kya?" She asked with a confused look.

"Puri ijazat di thi tujhe, par tu ek ladka bhi nahi pata paayi. Arrange marriage. Naak katva di. Teri bhai ki love story ke charche hain dur dur tak, aur tu.. Kya bolu ab main." He said now being overdramatic, still his gaze didn't even move an inch from TV.

"You should try in Daily Soaps! You surely gonna rock!" Ishika said and laughed.

"On a serious note, ladka achha hai!" Rohit said this and turned off the TV.

"Aap logo ne yahan tak baat aane di hai toh no doubt achha hoga, par mere liye achha hai ya nahi, ye toh main decide karungi." she said.

"Maa ne kaha hai, ki tumhe kahun ki tum traditionals pehno." Ritika tried to deviate the things other way.

"Kyu?" Ishika asked.

"Don't be a rebel in everything!" Ritika exclaimed.

~

"Are you serious?" Shreyas bursted into laughter.

"Yes I AM SERIOUS!" Shardul glared at him.

"Bro arrange marriage. God. And who is the girl?" said Shreyas who was still in splits.

"Mala mahit naahi(I don't know in marathi). Maine puchha hi nahi aai se." said Shardul.

"Oh legendary! Tum kal uss se milne jaaoge, aur tumhe uska naam bhi nahi pata."

"Ye sab vaise bhi mere consent ke bina ho raha hai."

"Toh tumhe milna hi toh hai, naa bol de na. Aur haan, agar vo sundar ho toh usse mera numner de aana." Shreyas said jokingly.

"You are impossible!" said an irritated Shardul.

"Arey mazak kar raha hu! By the way, vo doctor ke paas jaana tha aaj tujhe, kya raha uska?" Shreyas said changing the topic.

"Yaar, ek number ki paagal doctor thi."

"Kyu kya hua?"

Shardul explained the whole thing to him.

"By the way, thi kon vo doctor?"asked Shreyas.

"Thi koi Ishika..Yaad nahi achhe se."

"Aur tu uss se itna rudely baat karke aaya, tu ye soch agar usne officials ko complaint kari teri toh tu kya karega."

"Main next time usko sorry bol dunga.. Par kyu bolu main, galti uski thi. Kitni aaram se bol diya usne ki you can't play next series."

~

On the dinner table,

"Kaam kya tha vaise board ko tumhara?" Rohit asked generally.

"Koi player ko check karna tha." Ishika replied.

"Kon?"

"Umm.. Vo.. Suddenly his name slipped out of my mind..."

"Achha chal koi nahi."

"Typical Sharma!" Ritika murmurs.

Ishika, Rohit and Sammy gives her a glare.

"Who is teaching my child to glare like that?" Ritika asked.

"YOU! Its you Rits, who glares the most." Rohit said.

"Okay relax! Let's have food calmly."said Ishika.

~

Next day went with the usual chaos, and Ishika telling them all day to not worry and stay calm.

Finally the clock struck 4, and The Sharma's hoped for everything to go right.

Shardul, accompanied by his mother reached the Sharma House, but couldn't recognize as he had never been here and there was no name plate due to security reasons.

They rung the bell, and Rohit's mother came to open the door. She greeted them and asked them to come inside.

As they entered, Sammy who was accompanying her mamma in kitchen, suddenly ran to living room, shouting "Shardul Chachuuu!"

"Oh they are here!" exclaimed Ritika as she went behind Sammy to living room.

Shardul was in shock.

"Is this your home Rits?" he asked.

"Yes!" she replied.

"Ohh! Aagye aap dono!" Rohit appeared into the scene, "Come have a seat, apna hi ghar samjho."

"Aaii are you sure hum sahi ghar.." Shardul tried to ask.

"Haan hum bilkul sahi ghar mein hain." His mother interrupted.

"Shardul don't get confused. Tumhe pta hai na, hum dono ke bachpan ke coach same hain, so both our mother's know each other since then. And they want you and my sister to get married." Rohit explained.

"Wait I am still confused, I never knew you had a sister..."

"I have one!"

"She is Shishi buaa!" exclaimed Sammy cheerfully. "And she is my favourite, just like you."

"Ritika, beta jaao usse bula ke laao."said Rohit's mother.

Ritika goes to bring her. She was dressed well.

"Everyone have to agree you are the perfect!" Ritika said as she adored her.
"Well now come along!"

She brings her.
Shardul is shocke seeing her.

"Tum?"he exclaimed loudy.

'Haan main!"she says in equally loud voice.

Both of them recieved a deadly glare from their respective mothers, and knew very well they cannot raise their voices.

"You guys know each other?" asks Ritika.

"Yeah! He was the guy BCCI asked me to check upon." replies Ritika.

"Toh matlab tumhara introduction toh ek dusre se ho hi chuka hoga."said Rohit.

"Haan!" they both said in unison and give each other an annoyed look.

Ritika realised the tension between the two and said,"Why don't you two talk for a while alone.."

'Alone, just to handle his rudeness!'thought Ishika to herself.

'Alone! My foot! Aur koi farmaan jaari kar degi.. Huh.'thought Shardul.

"Come along!" Ishika says calmly to Shardul.

~

Hola people!
Thanks for scrolling till here.
Do hit the upvote button, and drop your valuable comments.
All kind of criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

Your own
Cricketophile 🤍