𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

Shreyas was sleeping peacefully, at 10 in the morning, when Shreshta knocked his door. He opened the door. And she was standing there with a medium sized gift box.

"Nahi, ye kisi ko gift dene ka bilkul achha tareeka nahi hai. Paap lagega aise toh. Aur zeher toh nahi laayi hai na isme." he said while yawning.

"Big B, khush fehmi hai aapki ki main aapko gift dungi. Pata nahi kisi ne bhijwaya hai." Shreshtha replied and handed over the box to him. "Aur achha hoga aap time se uthein."

"Main 2 baje soya tha, you expect me to wake up at 5."

Shreshtha shook her head in disbelief and went.
Shreyas, who was not at all excited about opening the box, because it can surely be some conspiracy of her little sister.
He opened it however, and was shocked yet happy on seeing what lied inside. It was a pair of shoes he wanted since so long but were not available in stock.

He literally jumped in joy and went to Shreshtha.

"Tu laayi hai ye?" he asked.

"NO!" she said with a weird expression.

"Aaii, tu aanlis ka he?" he asked his mom if she bought them, but even she denied.

"Phir kon ho sakta hai?" Shreyas said.

"Koi fan hoga." suggested Shreshtha.

"Itne time se out of stock tha ye India mein, possible nahi hai." Shreyas explained.

"Check the box again. Maybe kuchh clue ho." Shreshtha suggested and Shreyas actually found a note.

"Man toh nahi hai kehne ka, par dimag toh hai tere paas." Shreyas chuckled and she hit her elbow on his stomach.

Ignoring the pain, he opened the note that read-

I have a lot to be thankful for.
It isn't possible to express how grateful I am to have you in my life, Shreyas.
I got what I never asked for, what I never expected.
A little brother, a friend and a crime partner in a devar.
And I have actually got world's best devar. Trophy banwa deti mera bass chalta toh, par koi itne short notice pe banane ko taiyar nahi tha.
Thanks is such a pity word to say to you.
You are a blessing in my life, or rather our life.
So here is a little gift from my side, the shoes you wanted since long.
Your dearest Bhabhi!

"Ahh! That's Ishika bhabhi." Shreyas exclaimed.

"Waah!" Shreshtha said. "Go call her, thank her for this!"

~

Shardul was with Ishika in her clinic. While she was busy with her proffessional stuff, Shardul was busy adoring her.

"Shardul, if you keep staring at me like that, I will not be able to focus." Ishika said.

"Phir main kya karu?" He asked innocently.

"Check if Shreyas got it or not."

"Vo utha hi nhi hoga, 2 baje soya tha, possible nahi hai. Main jaanta hu usse, shaam se pehle tum bhul jaao vo respond karega."

Just then she got a call from Shreyas and gave Shardul an expression as if she won a challenge.

"Hi Shreyas." She said.

"Hi bhabhi! Thankyou so much! Aapko kaise pata merko ye chahiye the?" He asked.

"Who else? Ofcourse your bestfriend! Kaise lage tumhe?"

"Kaise lage? Areyyy bhabhi I love them. Par aapko mile kaise, main toh kabse try kar raha tha."

"What do you think? Your bhabhi don't have sources?"

"Bhabhi! I swear I am disowning him, and declare you my bestfriend."

"Hmm. Aise sideline toh nahi kar sakte."

"Achha chalo nahi karunga, abhi naha leta hu nahi toh aaii yahi joote se maaregi."

"Bye!"

She disconnected the call and said to Shardul with a smirk, "Shaam se pehle respond nahi karega, haina?"

"Darr gya bichara!" Shardul chuckled.

"Main dayan hun?" She asked with a pout.

"Arey, nahi bohot pyaari ho tum." He said tucking her hair behind her ear and she blushed.

Their little sweet moment was interrupted by Ritika's call.

"When was the last time you checked your socials?" Ritika asked as soon as Ishika picked up the call, she indeed sounded tensed.

"Last week I guess, I don't remember. Kya hua?" Ishika asked.

"Come home right now."

"Is everything alright Ritika?"

"Just come home, I will tell you then."

Ishika and Shardul hurried to former's place.
As she entered, she was shocked to see the news on TV.

"What rubbish!" She murmured.
"Bhaiya yeh kya hai?"

"Vahi toh hum soch rahe hain." Rohit said.

"Someone has put an allegation that yours and Shardul's alliance was just Shardul's move to secure his place in team, because Ro was announced captain." Virat explained, who was present there along Anushka, Sakshi and Mahi bhai.

"And to make it even worse, the person claims that you were dating someone when you were in Cardiff, and have even shared your photo with him." Anushka said.

"Ishika.." Sakshi came to her and held her should. "Apna dil chhota mat karna, ye sab toh chalta rehta hai. Media ka toh kaam hai rai ka pahaad banana."

"Exactly bachha! We all trust you." Rohit said.
Ishika looked towards Shardul who assured with his eyes that he too trusts her.

"It doesn't even make sense guys! Jab inki engagement hui, tab Rohit sirf T20s mein captain tha." Mahi bhai said.

"Exactly, this isn't targetted to Shardul, it is targetted at Ishu." Virat said.

Ishika had a plain expression all this while. She said nothing and went to her room.
By now Ritika, who was with kids inside, had came.

"You guys told her?" She asked and Ro nodded in a yes.

"She didn't react much..." Anushka said.

"Ro I am tensed, she has locked herself up..." Ritika said making it obvious what she feared about.

"Don't worry, she isn't that weak to take any extreme step. Let her be alone for a time." Rohit said.

"Shardul, I suggest tum uss se baat karna thodi der mein." Sakshi said and he nodded.

"Why would anyone do that?" Ritika said.
She received another call from some media house. She had got such calls for about 50 times now.

"Who would gain anything by doing this?" Anushka said.

And something striked Shardul's mind.

~

Hola people!
Thanks for scrolling till here.
Do hit the upvote button, and drop your valuable comments.
All kind of criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

Your own
Cricketophile 🤍