𝚃𝙴𝙽

Pata nahi kyun mera mood bohot zyada achha tha, toh lo bhayii early update. 😂

~

After a long wait, delayed plans, India was finally ready to take on South Africa, what they were actually there for. First test was to be played in the Super Sports Park, Centurion. The Fort of South Africa. But Team India had their plans sorted.

It was morning of Day 1. And everyone was to leave by 8 in morning at any cost. And the alarm thing doesn't work for Sharma's all the time.

Shardul, after pondering over it for a lot of time, finally decided to wake Ishika up.

He goes and stands in front of her and sweetly says, "Ishika, please uth jaao late hojaayega."

No response.

"Ishika, Virat bhai ne specially kaha tha ki tum zaroor chalogi. Uth jaao."

Still no response.
He decided to ask Ritika and so made her a call.

"Hi Shardul, you are calling this early, don't you guys have match?" Ritika asked in a surprised tone.

"Of course we have. But ye Ishika, kaise uthaau isse mein?"

"Uh?"

"She is sleeping till now."

"Sone do, ab toh vo khud jaagegi, you focus on game."

"If she doesn't comes to the stadium, Iyer family's unique species will not let me live peacefully."

"Ahh! Okay you can do one thing. But only if you have a life insurance." Ritika said in warning tone.

"Matlab?"

"Paani hai aaspaas?"

"Haan. Wait, no no, I am not going to this."

"Aur koi tareeka nhi hai."

"Ritika! Don't do this with me. Please. Help!"

"Meri baat kara dena, main samjha dungi."

Shardul sprinkles water on her face. She moves a bit.

"Nahi uthi paani se."

"Did you splash or sprinkle?"

"Sprinkle."

"Pour it!"

Shardul pours the water on her, but on the inside, he was praying for his life.

"Kyaa hai?" Ishika screamed at top of her voice.
Shardul gave her the phone.

"Main batati hu kya hai." Ritika took the "Mom" avtar.
"Kyu pareshan kar rakha hai bichare ko? Can't you wake up on time? Kitni der se he is trying. Now go and have bath. And straight away go along others to the stadium. No nakhre!" Ritika disconnected the call without letting Ishika respond.

Ishika frowned and gave Shardul is phone back. "Ye theek nahi kiya aapne."
She went to the bathroom, and he took a sigh of relief.

After some time she came back.
She was wearing a yellow sweatshirt and denim joggers. She tied her hair in a low ponytail.

"Uh! Ye Dr. Sharma banke jaana zaruri hai? Merko beech mein dar lagega toh?" Shardul said.

"What do you mean?" Ishika asked with a confused look.

"Wait!" He goes near her. There was negligible space between them such that both of them could hear each other's racing heart. He puts his hand over her rubber band and pulls it off setting off her hair free.
"Now you look like the girl aaii gave description off."
He moved backwards and turned around.
"Chalein ab?"

"Shardul?" She said and he turned around and moved his eyebrows asking 'what'.

"All the best!" She said with a smile. He too responded with a smile.

By the end of Day 1, India were in strong position courtesy KL Rahul and Mayank Aggarwal's opening. To everyone's dismay, play of Day 2 couldn't happen due to rain.

That evening Shardul was very anxious. Ishika was noticing it all, but kept quiet. After the dinner, she decided to ask him. She saw him standing with Shreyas. As soon as Shreyas noticed her, he left the place.

"Is everything alright Shardul?" she asked.

"Yeah, but are you fine? Tumne Mr. Thakur nahi kaha, Shardul kaha."

"Aadatein badal rahi hu..."

"Well good, kyuki aadatein waqt ke saath na badali jaayein toh zaruratein ban jaati hain." He said chuckling.

"Funny! Ab bataiye kya hua hai. You looked anxious."

"Yeah.." He was about to say but was interrupted by Prushti.

"Hi Shard!" she exclaimed with her creepy smile. "Hi Ishika.." Her smile got converted into frown too quickly.

"Hi!" Ishika replied with the best fake smile she could give. "If you don't mind will you please excuse us for a while."

"Huh? Tum toh aise keh rahi ho jaise main koi anjaan hu, I am his bestfriend, batao Shard." Prushti said.

"Jo bhi ho, I have every right to talk to him in private. Thankyou." Ishika said with all the rights.

Prushti left from there, fuming in anger.

"Aao boliye.." She said to Shardul.

"Haan vo thoda game ko lekar anxiety si thi. Ummm.. I don't know why I was a bit restless.." He explained.

" Fresh air can help. Aapko pata hai jab merko anxious feel hota hai, I go on walks. Specially the night ones. You should try."

"You should accompany me. But haan, don't be a doctor there."

She took him outside for a walk. A calm one. Him, her and the cool wind. None of them spoke for a while.

"You know what Shardul.. I always looked for people I can have comfortable silences with. I guess I finally found the one."

"You aren't that strict and cold you appear to be."

"Yeah, because always you have seen me as a doctor. And I am extremely practical when I don that white coat."

"Aaii told me you are sweet and delicate girl. Seedhi. Shareef. Bholi." He said chuckling.

"Am I not sweet?" she whined.

"No you are, but you are not delicate."

"Delicate ka matlab sirf naazuk ya kamzor nahi hota. Remember, bombs are delicate too."

"Bass yahi, isiliye mujhe tumse darr lagta hai."

"Darr lagta toh kal mere upar paani nhi daalte. Don't try to be Ritika. Vo ek kaafi hai merko or Ro bhaiya ko."

"Toh tum uth jaaya karo ek baar mein."

"Itna aasan nahi hai jitna lagta hai."

They indeed enjoyed each other's company, as they were gradually getting onto the family level.

Prushti and Shreyas, both were watching them from different places.
While Prushti was jealous, Shreyas was proud of his bestfriend and the bhabhi he got.
He took out his phone and texted Rohit-

Bhai! You guys took the best decision. ❤

~

Hola people!
Thanks for scrolling till here.
Do hit the upvote button, and drop your valuable comments.
All kind of criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

Your own
Cricketophile 🤍