𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾

Shreyas and Shardul were working out in the morning. 

"Aaj date kya hai?" Shreyas asked.

"14 February." Shardul replied in a normal tone.

"So?" Shreyas raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, I sent flowers to your bhabhi, don't worry." Shardul said, of course on his part it was the best he could do.

"Flowers? Phool?" Shreyas said in a little louder tone and Shardul nodded. "Aye fool! Who sends flowers in today's date. You are impossible Shard."

"What else could I do sitting here in a bio-bubble?" 

"If I had any experience, I would have surely told, but tu kisi experienced aadmi se bhi puchh sakta tha, like Virat bhai or Rohit bhai..." Shreyas suggested.

"This was Rohit bhai's idea."

In evening, Shreyas and Rishab came to Shardul's room.

"This looks very messy Shardul." Shreyas exclaimed. The room was actually messed up, which was probably result of Shardul's emotional outburst. He was short tempered, and Shreyas knew it well. But he also knew, this he was getting better around Ishika. "I know tera mood kharab hai, but I am sure thodi der mein theek hojayega." He said winking at Rishab lightly.

"Yes. Aaj na hawa bohot achhi chal rahi hai Kolkata mein." Rishab said looking at the balcony. "Chalo, mood sahi ho jaayega."

They both took him to the balcony. The cold breeze felt calming to Shardul. But lesser did he know, these winds carried a surprise for him.

Shreyas and Rishab quietly sneaked in back to the room, and locked his balcony door.
It was getting dark outside, the sun had already set. Shardul banged on the door, but all futile, because Shreyas and Rishab had already gone. After 5-7 minutes of constant banging, he received a call. It was from Rishab.

"Bhaiya, we are sorry but just turn around once." He said in the most innocent possible voice.

"What?" Shardul exclaimed but Rishab had already hunged up.
Shardul turned around, and a paper airplane came flying to him. He lifted it up from the floor. 

On the top, it was written- Just open it without exercising your brain cells.

He opened the paper, and it was a letter.

I hope you will not need a chemist to read this out to you. 
When I met you first, or rather I should say argued, I never imagined you will become such an integral piece of my life's jigsaw. I could never think, the guy I threw out of my clinic will become the guy I will crave to see daily.
The guy I got engaged to just for sake of my family, would end up becoming my own little world.
Life along you in past two-three months had been beautiful. I wish the journey never ends. 
Words cannot express how much I love you. You are my love, now, and forever.
And now since you have finished reading this, have a look to your right.

He looked to his right immediately, and Ishika was there in the adjacent room's balcony.

"Didn't expect me here, right?" Ishika said with a smirk.

"Of course not." Shardul replied with smile. "Happy Valentine's Day. This is the best surprise I could have got today"

"No, it could have been much better if the team management would have allowed me to be with you." Ishika said with a pout. "But they are strict about their protocols."

"But you are still around me, and that's enough. Aur vaise bhi just a matter of this week, phir I will be around you only." Ishika gave him a confused look.

"I am taking break from the Sri Lanka series." he explained.

"But, why? I mean you didn't like skipping any tour right."

"Yeah, I don't but every human body needs a little rest. Also, I had something planned for us." he said last line in a very low tone.

"What?" she asked. 

"What what? I am not telling you right now." he said smirking.
"By you are staying here right, atleast till the series."

"Umm.." she thought.

"You are!" he exclaimed.

"They won't let me meet you."

"So what, your presence around is enough. That's all I need."

"Okay." She agreed with a smile, ofcourse she wanted to stay back.

"And now please, can you ask your agents to unlock the door." He asked innocently.

"Are you bored already?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Arey nahi baba, I am thirsty, I need water. I haven't had it since 2-3 hours." He explained.

"Oh I am sorry, but aapko bhi apni hydration ka dhyaan rakhna chahiye na. You are not a kid." she scolded him while he listened obediently. "Main abhi Shreyas ko bolti.."

"Nahi." He interrupted. "Rishab ko bolna, aur bolna akele aaye. Vo janab aayenge toh unki sab details bhi chahiye hongi."

Ishika chuckled and told Rishab, who came and unlocked the door. While Shardul went to have water, Rohit and Virat were passing from the lawn outside.

"Hey, I have seen you somewhere." Rohit shouted.

"You must have." Ishika shouted back.

Virat smashed his head lightly. "Tere hi ghar mein rehti hai."

"Toh ye yahan kaise aayi?" Rohit asked who had no idea.

Virat head palmed at this. "Bro, kyu aayegi vo? Obvious sa reason hai. Umar hogyi hai teri. Bacho ki baatein nahi samjhega."

"Toh mujhe kisi ne bataya kyu nhi." Rohit whined.

"Tu daant deta bichari ko." Virat said.

"Ofcourse not." Rohit glared. "Ishi bacha, aaj tak kabhi bhi daanta hai terko?"
Ishika nodded in no innocently.

"Aap log kyu lad rahe ho?" She asked.
"Abhi media ke pass content khatam nahi hua hai." The trio chuckled.

By then Shardul came and he saw them.

"Aye, leave them alone now Ro." Virat teased them.

"Yeah yeah!" Rohit joined.
The two went leaving the couple blush.

~

Hola people!
Thanks for scrolling till here.
Do hit the upvote button, and drop your valuable comments.
All kind of criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

Your own
Cricketophile 🤍