𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙴𝚅𝙴𝙽

Ishika was now back in Mumbai. Ritika was packing up her stuff, as they were to leave for MI camp, after Rohit and company, come back from Bengaluru after winding up the test series.

Ishika was surprised that an usual enthusiastic Ritika, did not ask no a single question from her about her trip.
"Ritika, you have fever? Tumko dawai du?"

Ritika looked at her weirdly.
"I am alright Ishi."

"No, you are not!" Ishika declared.
"You did not ask me anything, like literally anything."

Ritika chuckled. "Awww my poor baby! Its something supposed to be yours. Just yours. Mujhe nahi jaan na."

"Ohh!" Ishika felt dumb, and it was visible on her face.

"Now stop behaving as if I broke your heart." Ritika chuckled again.
"By the way, I will miss you a lot in next two months."

"Me too." Sammy came and exclaimed loudly and hugged Ishika.
"Shishi come with us naa." She requested.
"With whom will I play, mumma said Agastya will not be there. How will I enjoy?"

"But baba..." Ishika tried explaining.

"Please Shishi." Sammy this time used charm of her pretty eyes.

"Bacha, but Shardul chachu is expecting me to be with him. If I come with you, vo naraz hojayenge."

"So, bring him as well." Sammy said innocently.

"How can he come bacha, he plays for another team." Ritika explained.

"But..." Sammy was ready with another appeal. But Ishika interrupted.
"Okay, bacha I will come with you." Sammy hugged her tightly, planted a kiss on her cheek and ran into her room in excitement.

"Why did you agree?" Ritika asked crossing her arms. "Don't give up hope now, and say 'mujhe kaam hai' later."

Ishika just passed a smile. "Bhaiya is coming today, right?"

"Yes. And yes, Rishabh too. He wanted to meet Sammy before joining bubble. So we insisted him to stay here." Ritika said and took a pause. "Hey, what about a get together, before we all divide." she said with a sheepish smile.

"And considering the fact, how much you love get togethers, I can't deny. I am in. Baakiyo ka dekh lo." Ishika said.

"I will tell them to come." Ritika said in excitement.

~

Everyone gathered at Sharma house in evening. Sammy and Vami got company of their favourite chachus. Ritika and Anushka some time to gossip together.

"Ladies." Virat came to them and whispered. "Ye dono itni shaanti se kaise baat kar rahein hain." He said pointing towards Rohit and Ishika, who were calmly talking to each other.

"Actually." Ritika took a sip from her glass of juice. "Ro was talking to his mom last night on call, and she told him that she and Shardul's mom are planning to finalise a date for their wedding. I don't know tab se kya hua hai Ro ko. Rarely do I see his eyes moistened."

"I can totally understand. I have seen. He never shows, but he had always pampered her like a child." Virat said.

"Did you guys tell Ishika about this?" Anushka asked.

"No." Ritika said with a frown. "Maa wanted to talk to her about this."

Anushka slightly rubbed her back.
"Ishika is mature."

Virat decided to lighten the ambience.
"Oye Ishu, kya tips de rahi hai itni der se Ro ko. Kuchh hume bhi de de, hum bhi koi match jeet jaayenge."

Ishika chuckled.
"Bhaiya, aap logo ko kya tips ki zarurat hai. You guys are already best."

"Phir bhi support toh tu sirf Ro ko karti hai." Virat said.

"Main Ro bhai, aapko aur Mahi bhai ko humesha equally support karti hu. Vo sabko lagta hai ki I am his real sister, toh inhe hi karti hu. But you know, the bond I share with you guys is thicker than blood."

"Vo toh hai."

"Virat bhai, iss baar Ishika bhabhi ke support mein thoda sa hissa hamara bhi hai." Rishab said coming along Shardul, Shreyas, Vami and Sammy.
"Haina bhabhi?"

"Nahi." Ishika denied innocently.
"No compromise on my three brothers. And no one before them."

"Not even for Shardul?" Shreyas asked raising an eyebrow.

Ishika opened her mouth to speak, but couldn't find an answer.

"Aye, I am warning you." Virat said pretending to be serious.
"Don't you dare complicate things for her."

Ishika sighed in relief.

"But bhaiya." Shreyas said.
"See you on 27th."

Everyone except Shardul and Ishika gave him a weird look.
"Kya?" Rohirat asked in union.

"Aisi dhamki di thi bhabhi ne Shardul ko." Shreyas said innocently.

"Seriously?" Ritika asked with her eyes widened.
"Bad manners Ishika."

"Par ab toh de di na." Rohit said.
"Ab toh dekh lenge, hai na bacha."
He forwarded his hand for a high-five, and she responded.

"Hum bhi dekh lenge." Rishabh said wrapping his arms around Shardul's shoulder, who nodded because he didn't know what to react.
"Dekh lenge na bhaiya?" He asked the latter.

"Haan." Shardul said with a confused look.

"Mat le tension. Nahi maarti Ishika." Virat teased him.

"Bass gussa karti hai." Rohit added, and everyone bursted into laughter.

~

Hola people!
Thanks for scrolling till here.
Do hit the upvote button, and drop your valuable comments.
All kind of criticism and suggestions are welcomed.

Your own
Cricketophile 🤍