ten

tw//
mentions of throwing up and death

Draco felt like hurling. His throat felt constricted as he shook Healer Park's hand. The only comfort he got was from the warm hand pressed against his back by Theo.

Healer Park offered a tentative smile as he spoke. "Your mother is awake," He said solemnly, "You can meet her right now if you wish to," Draco listened eagerly, despite the ringing in his ears and nodded.

"Yeah, I need to see her."

They were led to room 394. Draco took a deep breath before stepping in front of the closed door, his fingers trembled as his hand reached up to the handle. Theo placed a hand on his shoulder and squeezed it, "I'll see you in a few minutes, yeah?"

Draco looked over his shoulder to see Theo with a small smile on his face and nodded.

The metal was cold against his skin as he twisted the doorknob and stepped into the warm room. It smelled faintly of lavender.

All air left his lungs as he saw his mother seated on the bed, smiling at him, her eyes crinkled. Tears blurred his eyes as he marched forward and pulled her into a hug.

She smiled when he placed a kiss on her forehead, "I love you, mum." He said hoarsely. "I love you too, son." She let a tear slip from her eye.

"Never do that again!" He breathed as she smiled slightly. He wiped the tear from her face.

He took her hands in his, "How are you doing?"

"I feel better, I suppose." She replied coolly, her head tilted slightly as her blond and black curls curtained her pale face.

She inspected the appearance of Draco with a crease between her brows. Her gentle grey eyes took in his tense and tired form and how the dark circles under his eyes had increased since the last time she had seen him.

She sighed, her shoulders slumping, "Draco," He hummed in response, "Don't worry about me, alright? I'll be fine." He pursed his lips.

"How do you know?"

"I just do." Her eyes glistened with worry, her mouth set into a fake smile.

She could act brave. She could act brave for her son. She had done that for years. It won't be difficult to do the same now.

Draco just hugged his mother again. They shared a broken smile when a gentle knock on the door made them turn their heads.

"Sorry to interrupt, I just really wanted to see you," He ducked his head coyly, brown hair dipping over the crease over his brows.

Narcissa smiled and extended a hand towards him, "Come here, sweetheart." He threaded his hand in hers, "You don't need excuses to see me, now do you?" She scolded playfully. He chuckled.

Draco looked at him adoringly, Theo's concern for his mother made him feel slightly happy.

Theo then embraced Narcissa and let out a sigh of relief. "Thank Merlin! you are alright."

Theo had never felt a mother's love until he had met Narcissa. His own mother had died giving birth to him and his father never gave a second glance towards him. Cissy was like his adopted mother and she loved him as much as she loved Draco.

The three sat together and they talked. They talked about the good times. They talked about the bad times.

They felt happier than they had in a long time.

A good thirty minutes later, Healer Park, entered with a guilty expression, requesting the two to come to his office. "Your mother needs rest as well, it'll be good if you both take your leave now."