forty

"Harry?" Draco hugged him from behind.

"Yes?" Harry turned around and kissed him, Draco hummed and smiled sweetly.

"When did you realize you had feelings for me?" He asked.

Harry bit the inside of his cheek in thought and made Draco sit with him on Harry's bed. They had kept their relationship strictly confidential, only Blaise, Ron, Hermione and Neville knew.

"When I fell asleep with you in the common room at the beginning of this year."

"That was so long ago," Draco gasped, "You must have been hurt when I told you about Theo." He frowned. "Sorry."

"It's okay, Draco." Harry cradled his head and smiled lopsidedly.

Draco sighed, "I was so fucking oblivious."

"You truly were." Harry agreed and flopped onto the bed with a a small chuckle.

"But it's better now," Draco grinned sheepishly and lay down next to him, "Since we both know how we feel and we're together." Draco placed his chin on Harry's shoulder.

"Yep," Harry hugged him closer and pecked his nose.

"You look very handsome." Draco gushed and kissed Harry's hand. "Thank you," Harry blinked in shock, "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you," Draco leaned forward and kissed him firmly on the lips.

Draco had arranged their first official date at an expensive muggle restaurant in London. The two were sat in a private booth, stuffing luxurious food into their mouths and kissing each other any chance they got.

Draco rested his head on Harry's shoulder, "Ice cream?" He asked after they finished with dinner.

"Yes, please."

Two bowls of chocolate ice cream later they left the restaurant with their stomachs full and their hearts overflowing.

The night was lively, there was noise of the traffic, shouting of drunken men and loud laughter from a nearby bar. Draco stopped in his tracks, his hand tugging Harry back.

"What happened?" Harry questioned worriedly.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Oh." Harry's mind spun and he picked up Draco around his midriff and spun him, "Yes, yes, yes." He said and put Draco back down and kissed him.

He couldn't care less about the people who could see them, neither of them did. All Harry cared about was how Draco's lips felt against his own or how he could feel his heart thundering in his chest as they just kissed and kissed.

The sounds were muffled now, the only sound he heard now of his heart doing flip flops in his ribcage.

The nightmares stopped. Life became beautiful. Gone was the heartache that came with every sunrise and increased with every sunset. He didn't care anymore about the black mark on his forearm because Harry loved him for who he was no matter what.

Harry would always love him.

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities, he remembers reading.

But Harry's love for him is the biggest infinity.

He was happy. Happier than he had ever been.

He was falling for Harry Potter.

"Harry, I think I'm falling in love with you." He whispered one sleepless night. Harry just kissed him until they were both breathless.

»»--⍟--««