The Backseat

"You're a liar..." you push your hands on his chest and push him back out of your personal space. "You just came onto me so you can hold it over me when the time comes. I know it. I know you."

"No you don't!" Connie turns around with frustration and after a second he faces you once again, looking defeated. "You don't know me at all, y/n. And I don't know you. So how about we try to get to know one another before we start throwing bullshit things into the air. I have no plans to hold it over you..."

You peer into his eyes, trying to see if he has a tell when he lies. But he seems genuine. It's just your trust issues that are getting in the way.

"This is gonna bite me in the ass," you bite your inner cheek. "Isn't it?"

"No," Connie smiles. "But I might."

You roll your eyes and start heading for the door but stop once you're side by side with Connie. You look over at him and tilt your head. "Who's to say I'm letting you back in my pants again, Connie? You said you want to get to know me, that doesn't mean my anatomy."

"No worries," Connie shrugs. "I remember every thing about it. It's all I've been able to picture since last night. Even right now. Every curve." He starts to trail his finger up your inner thigh. "Every surface."

Connie moves behind you, his fingers pressing into your thigh still and his other hand creeping up the front of your shirt.

It's ridiculous how you've already allowed your issues with him to whisk away. All because of his taunting touch. Connie has a hold on your will power and you don't really want him to let it go. You like that he makes you feel foreign things. He tests your patience. Your boundaries. Everything.

"Nope," you grab his hands and pull them off of you. "We have class and I don't want to get in trouble."

"You're right," Connie coughs and grabs the front of his jeans and adjusts himself.

You smile to yourself knowing he got hard just from touching you for less than ten seconds. "I'll leave first. It seems you need some time with yourself."

"I don't-"

"Bye Connie Springer," you open the door and head out to the field without the company of Connie.

You hadn't really expected him to be so upfront with what he wants. That being that he wants to get to know you. It just kind of shocking to you that he went out of his way to communicate with you.

He always seemed like the guy who would just ignore another's feelings, but that doesn't seem like the case here. Connie does care. Granted he followed up his transparency with some hormone driven touches. It's no surprise that you can't really change a teenage boys hormones. That'll never change.

Connie ended up rejoining the class a minute or so later, making it less obvious you two were together. But after he comes back he doesn't talk to you again, he's too busy trying to demolish everyone in line tag.

You sat out, not wanting to work up a sweat.

~•~

It's the last class of the day and you're sitting in one of the library isles, organizing the out-of-order books. Whoever put them away did it wrong and you have time to spare, so you're redoing it.

"Hey Captain," Jean towers over you as you stay seated on the floor.

You crane your neck up to look at him. "What's up? Need help finding a book or something?"

"Nope I'm the other library aide and the librarian wanted me to come help you redo this isle. She said we're going to spend most days re-organizing the library so you might need some help. It's quite a big library after all," he kneels down beside you.