Road Trip

Coming back to school after the New Years was supposed to be refreshing. Like a breath of crisp morning air.

But you feel like you're suffocating.

Every hall you turn down, Connie is there. He is even in your art class and he sits across from you in the giant circle. Luckily the canvas in front of you blocks a good portion of your view of him.

Just because you and Colt are done, doesn't mean that you're ready to run back to Connie. Your pride is too big for that. After three months of nothing to do with Connie, you learned to not just give in to temptation.

"Alright class," the teacher pulls out a ruler and points at the white board. "This is a class you need to learn on your own. So I'll give you assignments, but you find your own art style. At the end of the term I will give you all advise and critiques. Deal?"

The class nods and you frown at the blank canvas paper in front of you.

"So go ahead and try to draw a vase with flowers," she states.

You take out a pencil from your tin case and begin to sketch out a rough estimate on how you want it to look. It's probably good you're taking this class because your finished product looks like an abstract piece of trash.

"Alrighty, the bell rings in a minute or two so clean up your areas. Store your papers in the shelves for this class period and have a good day."

You stand and bring your crappy art over to the shelf and slide it into an empty spot. You turn around and find Connie waiting patiently with his own art.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," he smirks.

You narrow your eyes slightly, doing your best not to smile at his comment. "Not gonna happen."

"Oh come on," he tilts his head. "It can't be that bad."

You pull your paper back out and put it on display for Connie. You give him a blank and unimpressed stare.

"Maybe it can..." he stifles a laugh.

"Well," you put the paper away. "Let's see yours."

Connie turns his sheet around and shoes you a perfect representation of a vase with various types of flowers.

"Oh my god," you gape at it in awe. "That's amazing."

Connie smiles and leans in to you. You freeze, your muscle tensing up. He slides his paper into the shelf behind you and then steps away. You let out a breath you didn't even know you had held onto and shake off the tension.

"Thanks," he shrugs. "I guess I'm a natural."

You nod slowly. "Yeah, much be nice."

"You're a natural at other things," he starts walking towards the door.

"Yeah?" You follow beside him. "Like what? Better not say anything about my intelligence."

Connie smirks, a knowing look on his face. "Wasn't about that. I'm talking about your talent in bed."

Your eyes widen and you can't seem to find a way to form words, so you stand before him with a parted mouth.

The bell rings...quite literally saving you.

Before anything else can be said between you and Connie, you head to your car for lunch, wanting to sit in silence.

~

You keep your heat on, since January is one of the coldest months of year. As you bask in the warmth, a knock on your window sounds.

"What are you doing this weekend?" She questions, leaning on your window frame now that you've rolled the glass down.