A Real Date?

(Not edited)

The drive back to the school was long and the tension was high. You were put in a very awkward situation and you're not sure how you feel about it.

Jeans hot and all, but you don't have the same feelings for him that you have for Connie. With Connie there's this weird dynamic and connection. Jean had caused you only a moment of excitement, but after tonight, you know that it's Connie that makes your heart flutter. It was just nice for someone else to pay attention to you.

"Here you are you fools," Sasha pulls the car to a stop by Connie's which is the only other car in the parking lot. "Actually, Connie, you live closer to Y/N than I do and I live closer to Jeans, so how about you take her and I'll take Jean."

You tense up and glance at her, seeing the slight smirk on her lips. "Fine by me," Connie opens the back door and slides out.

Jean gets out too and shuts the door, waiting to get in the front seat that you're occupying. "What are you doing?" You narrow your eyes at Sasha.

"Not a thing," she smiles at you. "Better get home before your mom or you'll have some things to explain. You still high?"

You take a moment to evaluate yourself and shake your head. "No, I'm okay now."

"Good. I'll text you, okay? Bye bye," she unlocks the door and you get out.

Jean is standing in the way of you, so you do your best not to rub up against him and make your way over to Connie's car.

"Hey, y/n," Jean leans on top of Sasha's car and smiles at you. "It was nice hanging out with you."

You give him a tight smile and then get into Connie's  vehicle. He has the heat running and the smell of cigarettes and old lady perfume blasts through the vents.

"Did you grandparents give you this car?" You question with a scrunched up face.

He laughs. "Actually yeah. Last year. Sorry about the smell. No matter how many air fresheners I use, the smell stays."

"Seems you need your car detailed," you shrug.

"Seems I do," Connie sighs and then pulls the car forward, taking you home.

The car ride is relatively quiet. Mainly because it's late and you're both tried, but it's not a bad thing. You kind of enjoy it.

"Where do you live?" Connie asks once you're on the main road.

"Oh, it's near East Main,"  you answer and he starts heading in that direction.

Once he arrives at your house, he pulls the emergency break up and parks the car. You unbuckle and make sure you have your phone and wallet, silently wondering if you are supposed to kiss him goodbye or just leave.

"Well tonight was fun," you smile weakly at him. "Thanks for making me go."

"I didn't make you," Connie defends. "This was your decision."

You narrow your eyes. "But I never would've gone if you hadn't hounded me all week."

"I don't recall doing that," Connie leans closer to you, his nose almost touching yours, eye to eye.

"Hmm weird," your lips turn up slightly, trying to fight back a bigger smile. "But I'm glad you did. It was nice to get out of my comfort zone."

Connie blinks and then smiles widely. "Im happy that you're trying new things. It's nice to see you smile the way you do when you're experiencing something new. It's kind of adorable actually."