A Fool

"Here," Connie slides you your bowling shoes and then grabs a pair of his own. The two of you go down to the aisle that you have reserved for the next hour or so and set your stuff down.

"Thanks again for paying," you smile. "I can get us food later."

Connie looks up from tying his shoes from across you and smiles. "No worries. That sounds like a deal though. You might change your mind when I completely demolish you."

"I like that sound of that," you mutter.

"Huh?" Connie narrows his eyes at you like he's trying to concentrate. "I didn't hear you."

"I said you're probably right," you recover and try to hide the blush.

If you were the same girl pre-Connie, you never would have imagined even thinking such a thought. But you aren't and you did actually say it. Thankfully he didn't hear you. This time at least.

"You're up first," you stand and type Connie's name into the screen.

Connie grabs his bowling ball from the rack and steps up beside you. "Get ready for a world of hurt, y/n. I'm about to kick your ass."

His smirk disappears once he continues walking ahead of you. You wish you could've stared a little longer, but you two have a game to play.

Connie gets a strike his first roll and it doesn't shock you one bit. It does however make you worry about the jokes he's gonna make when he finds out you're really bad at bowling.

"You're up," Connie walks up to you and pinches your cheek with a smile. "Show me whatcha got."

You have absolutely nothing to show...

You grab your ball and take a deep breath, walking up to the alley. Not wanting to bury yourself into a deeper hole, you turn back around and meet Connie's patient gaze.

"I lied," you nibble on your lower lip. "I'm really bad at bowling. I just wanted to come clean before you see me completely embarrass myself."

Connie stands from the seat he's in and chuckles. "Don't worry, I know. Remember the 8th grade graduation party at the bowling alley? You sucked."

"Right..." you think back to that day. Connie had made sure you knew you sucked. In fact, everything you've ever done wrong has been pointed out by Connie. "You did."

"I'll make up for my brutish behavior by teaching you how to bowl like a pro," he slides his hand onto your waist and turns you so you're back to facing the pins.

He's pressed against your back side and peering over your shoulder. "Like this?" You look back slightly, feeling his breath on your ear.

"Mhmm," Connie nods. "Now swing your arm back." He pulls your arm back by your wrist and holds it there. "And you're going to take a few steps forward and then release it, keeping your foot pointed forward and the other crossed behind you."

His hand releases from your wrist and drops down to your hip, resting it securely on your jeans. His touch sends shivers under your skin and an aching feeling in your abdomen.

"I can't focus with your hands on me," you mutter under your breath.

"Oh sorry," Connie detaches himself from you and backs up. "Have at it."

You do what he says and you manage to knock down five pins and two on the next one. Proud of yourself, you turn around and jump excitedly.

"Did you see that?!" You laugh with joy.

"I did," Connie beams at you. "You're a natural."

"I just have a good teacher," you lean into him and hook your arms around his neck, placing your lips on his.