Truce

Connie switched with Sasha about halfway through the ride and you were nothing but grateful. You're doing your best to avoid falling back into old habits, and having him in the back seat with you is not helping.

Every once in a while you'll lift your eyes up and catch Connie looking back at you through the rear view mirror and each time you lock eyes, you're the first to look away.

"That it?" Sasha taps Mikasa's shoulder and the girl nods. "It's huge."

"His dads a doctor," Connie states. "Of course it's big."

The four of you exit the parked car and grab your bags. As you reach for yours, Connie has already taken it in his grasp.

You look over at him and he just smiles innocently and follows the other two inside. There's three other cars outside in the driveway, so you figure everyone else has already arrived.

"Hello!" Sasha yells as she enters the threshold and you cower behind her, unsure of how your presence will effect the atmosphere.

Eren comes into the living room from the hallway under the stairs and you catch sight of Armin and Jean behind him.

Jean gives you a small smile as he see's you looking around uncomfortably. You haven't really talked to him the past few months either. Maybe just as much as you did with Connie.

He didn't do anything wrong, you just found yourself not hanging out with Sasha's friends as much as you used to.

"The others already picked their rooms, so you all get what's left. Some will have to share," Eren walks over to Mikasa and wraps his arm around her shoulder and then whispers something into her ear that causes a pink blush to flush into her cheeks.

"Me first!" Sasha bolts for the stairs and you let out a sigh and follow after her, but at a much slower pace.

The upstairs consists of two hallways, both filled with doors and then a game area separating the two halves.

Sasha heads right and you go left, wondering if you can somehow manage to get a room to yourself. Nothing against Sasha, but she's a loud snorer and you don't do well with sounds like that when you're trying to fall asleep.

You peek into a room and see that there's bags on the bed already, so you move onto the next, finding the same picture.

"Y/n!" Sasha shouts from the other hall. "I found us one!"

You follow her voice and find her standing in a room with a bunk bed. It looks like it's where the kids sleep when they come here.

Looks like you and Sasha are bunk buddies...

"Perfect," you smile meekly.

Connie comes in soon after Sasha leaves and he sets your bag down by the bottom bed. He gives the room a once over and laughs.

"What?" You frown with slight annoyance.

He shakes his head. "Oh nothing."

You narrow your eyes at him and choose to not give in to his little game, so you go ahead and grab your bag and head over to the dresser.

As you're taking out your folded clothes, you hear Connie approach you from behind. He stops and you can practically feel his body on your backside.

"If you can't sleep," he whispers and moves your hair away from your ear. "...I have a room to myself. I wouldn't blame you if you had to get away from Sasha's obnoxious snoring."

You clench the t-shirt in your hand, causing it to wrinkle. Before you can respond, saying that's ridiculous, he's walking out of the room.

"Unbelievable..." you breathe out.