27

Mirajane.

The invitation card for the ball arrived the day before. The envelope was a royal blue with golden highlights lining the borders while the paper itself was a rag paper with silver highlights.

The thing that raised brows about the letter was that it specifically invited Alpha Armin and not just any BlueMoon higher up. This was most likely Lunatic's move in trying to win over BlueMoon. After all Armin never stepped into the palace since he was born hence he had no attachment to my father except that commanding respect towards his Alpha King.

Today was the evening of the day before we departed for the palace and we were all in the manor finalizing our plans.

"We'll leave tomorrow morning at ten. Emma, do you know how to perform the spell?" Armin asked.

"Yeah. I practiced in front of Gran, Mom and Aunt so I get everything about it." She nodded.

"Good. What about you?" He turned his gaze to Duke.

"I've somehow managed to memorize it. I can't remember the last time I had to memorize anything. Probably collage." Duke sighed.

"I'm not worried about pack security while we're gone. The protective sphere encasing it is a great reassurance since we will know as soon as a nonmember enters without permission. But still, be vigilant. Since he's working with witches and some underworlders, he might have a way to enter undetected."

I learned that the pack had an invisible sphere that encompasses it whole a few days back. Whenever a nonmember was to enter uninvited, the sphere will vibrate and send the information out to both Emma and border patrol. It was Gran and Gramps that developed it a long time ago.

"Yes Alpha." Evan nodded.

"How about your investigations?" I asked Harvey.

"We're halfway through it Luna. By the time you all are back, a complete report will be waiting for you." He said.

"That's fast. Well done." I said in praise.

"Courtesy of the various information channels built throughout the centuries." Julien smiled.

"The pack is already adapting to the new training routine. Thanks to Mira's chi-suppression training, their physical and mental state have drastically improved and that further sped up their progress." Deimos chuckled.

"Robin and I also went round the pack's panic rooms to make sure they were all in the best condition. Although we don't know when a battle may break out, we formed a list of supplies to be bought and stored just in case." Jayden reported.

"I also got our people from MKS Pharmaceuticals to develop poison and silver resistant drugs and mass produce them. When Mira first came, she was poisoned with wolfsbane so I'm concerned about that part. Even with various research, we've made no progress in countering it." Alec sighed.

"That's quite a headache. How are we going to counter this? We can't just leave a glaringly dangerous problem like this alone." Emma frowned.

"That..." Armin trailed with a troubled look.

"What is it?" I raised a brow.

"There might be a solution to that. But I don't like it." He sighed.

"What solution?" Robin asked.

"It's not about liking it or not Alpha. This could very well become a matter of life and death." Duke pointed out.

"I know that." He gritted out.

"What is it Hazel?" I said lowly.

"Forget it. Let the lab technicians continue researching on it, why the hell did they major in industrial pharmacy and clinical research then?" He leaned back against the couch.