Chapter 14: Satisfied

ALMOST 5K WORDS LMAO I didn't even realize AHAAAA!!!! Hope y'all like this one!! I skipped tomorrow's pilates class in the morning bc I knew I had a lot of ground to cover with this one :)

---

I wake up slowly to the soft caress of sunbeams wandering through the windows, and the sounds of soothing, deep breaths from my bedfellow...and a solid, heavy, hot weight on my right side. My eyes drift open, and I peek over to find that Ren's traveled quite a bit in his deep sleep, and is now face-down with nearly a third of his body resting atop mine. He's so warm and fleshy and plush; I feel like I'm in heaven, but I'm also completely fucking frozen in shock. His knuckles are grazing my mid-thigh. He twitches a bit, shifting even closer to me and turning his head to face me. His long, glossy black lashes flutter a bit as he settles, his soft waves fanning out over the pillow. It takes everything in me not to reach up and brush my fingers through it, but I wouldn't dare wake him up.

He looks so peaceful and still like this. I'm close enough to him that I can see slight stubble forming on his upper lip and jaw, I can nearly count each hair on his eyebrows, I can marvel at his puffy sweet rose petal lips, totally uninterrupted.

He moves in his sleep again, exhaling a little puff of air through his nose, and his knuckles slip over my thigh and come to stop between my legs. His hand takes up so much space on me; I shiver a bit at the thought.

The box with a clear lid is wide open; every detail about him that I've put away is spilling out. I want him— oh, I want him. Right now and yesterday and last week and tomorrow; I want him.

We lay there for another 15 minutes, and I almost drift back off to sleep, totally lightheaded from his touch. Everything feels sparkly and syrupy and he's so fucking toasty

Until a notification dings on my phone. He takes in a deep breath through his nose, moving one notch back up the REM cycle and smushing his face back in the pillow and groaning softly.

"Time is it?" He mumbles, muffled by the pillow. I'm surprised that he's not totally recoiled away from me yet. He's still firmly on top of me.

"Um," I tap my phone screen on the nightstand to see that it's only 8:30. "You can keep sleeping a bit," I respond quietly.

He just shifts a little, exhaling profoundly.

"Thanks. Wake me up whenever," he adds, face still in the pillow. He flips over his hand that's still between my legs, and gives one of my thighs a featherlight squeeze of acknowledgement. Again, his fingers seem to completely engulf my leg; my heart skips a beat.

"Warm," he purrs, scooting away from me and turning onto his side, facing away.

I stare at the ceiling for a couple seconds, making sure I'm not dreaming.

I finally collect myself enough to grab my phone and scroll for missed notifications, my heartbeat nearly audible.

Two 2:30am texts from Ryan, an Instagram DM from Rey, and three emails. I shoot off responses to everyone but Ryan, and set my phone on the bed, getting up slowly so as to not disturb Ren.

I step over my sleep shorts left crumpled on the floor, my shirt long enough to keep me covered, and tiptoe toward the bathroom to start getting ready.

I take a hot, slow shower, blow-dry my hair and set it into rollers, and get started on makeup.

While on the toilet, I graze my hand over the spot on my thigh that Ren had squeezed, overwhelmed with the urge to slip back into the bed and spoon him, running my hand over his stomach, feeling the warmth and pressure of his arm holding me in place behind him...