Chapter 27: You'll See

CW: a bit of sacrilege ;) you'll see

HELLOOO :) :) again, heaps of gratitude for my girl @jessaboss3 for helping me out!!! 

Hope y'all enjoy heh. over 7.4k words in this one. not only am I feeding the rats; I'm giving y'all a full-course meal. 

---

Kylo's POV

My Sun Drops.

My bright-orange flaxen hot glow in the mornings. Prickling scalding incandescent heat that wrecks my skin.

I want to swallow her whole and spit her out so I can have her once more.

I've tasted her tongue, her teeth, her lips, and her neck, and she's closer to a God to me than anything.

I'll sit still at her altar until my last breath. I'm repentant and overcome and I haven't even fully had her.

My seventeen notebooks filled with her are worn-out and filthy Biblical scripture that I hold against myself in the throes of sleep. She wears me out.

I'm rubbed raw. I'm in so much pain. I love it.

I love it, I yearn for it. I deserve it.

I love it all.

And her.

I adore her.

My Sun Drops, blazing bright and dreadful. I adore her.

My POV

I wake up at around 8 AM, sweating on my couch with my silk robe tangled up and cutting off circulation to one of my arms. My eyes slide open and I see that it's still dark out– the dull navy blue of the early curls in moodily through my windows. Last night's red lingerie set has left some angry pink indentations on my hips and shoulders; I gingerly smooth my hand over them and sit up to reorient myself.

I gently stuff the succulent bits and pieces from my evening with Ren – with Kylo – into my tidy box with a clear lid, and sink into a calming bath so I can crawl back into bed. I sit in there for a couple minutes and wash off the night, fighting off the urge to dwell on why he left me in the first place. All that matters is that he wants me.

I'm starting to run out of patience.

Once I feel that the Jo Malone bubble bath that Kylo left me has mellowed me out enough – my inner monologue starts to grow quiet, my breaths slower – I lift out of the bathtub and brush my teeth, slipping my silk robe back on. I spritz on my Diptyque bedtime perfume, affix my sleep mask to my forehead, and shut off the lights.

On my way into the bedroom, feeling around in the dark, I nearly jump out of my skin at the sound of harsh raps at my front door. My heart stammers in my chest and I press up against the wall, willing for it to stop.

It does for a second, but comes back twice as hard.

I scamper toward the door and smash my ear to it once the knocking stops.

"Sun Drops," I hear through the wood, and nearly tumble to the floor with relief.

I ease the door open to Kylo in a fresh change of clothes and damp hair.

"Sun Drops," he repeats with a grin, tired eyes gleaming at me. "Let me in, will you? Worried your neighbors might call the fuzz."

He steps past me, then pivots immediately to back me into the door, slamming it shut with the sheer force. He presses a slow, desperate kiss to my lips, moaning deep from within his chest.