[19] 4:30 am

Josie POV

    Everything drops away as I stare into Hope's eyes. Again, our eyes meet and can't seem to leave as a feeling in the deepest part of my body pulls me towards her and I almost let it. Almost. My body tenses as I feel everyone's eyes on me but they don't amount to the pressure that Hope's gaze does. Her blue eyes stare in my own brown ones and it feels like an eternity. 

    That eternity is broken when my dad throws another weapon at Penelope; an arrow this time. My eyes snap towards the projectile. It whistles through the air and stops right before it touches her throat. "That's very rude Alaric." Her hand is up and I realize that the cuffs are off. She drops her hand and the arrow falls as well.

    Kol turns around to face my dad with his teeth bared and his eyes red. Black veins writhe beneath his eyes but he's quickly calmed by Davina. "I don't think Hope will like it if you kill her soulmate's father." 

   I quickly use this opportunity to run to the door and I start siphoning the spell off of the locked door. Marcel is at my side instantly and he makes to grab my arm but Hope calls out, "Let her go." 

   I don't hear anything else as I run to my room, completely ignoring everything. I make it to my room and I slam the door shut. I rush into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I don't wait for it to turn hot, I just get in after quickly stripping. 

   The cool water hits my back and I shiver as goosebumps appear from the water. I lose myself in my thoughts and I don't even realize when the water warms. 

  I'm Hope's soulmate.

  Hope's soulmate. Maybe that's why I was so sure that she was a monster. Or maybe I was sure that I was her soulmate and I just needed an excuse to get away from her. But why? It's not like she's evil, she hasn't even done anything to make me believe that. The only thing that she's done to me that has hurt was lie to me about liking me.  But she told me that she does feel something for me and in my haste and anger I didn't see that she hurt herself to save me.

  I just hated the fact that she lied to me and that's all I looked at. I just focused on that and I didn't even stop to think of all the things that she did for me. Even if she didn't outright tell me, but the fact that she was the one to pull me out of the dirt when I was being buried, should have told me that she saved me. But no, I was too blinded by my fear of her transformation and the thought of her coming from Malivore. 

  Who am I kidding? I'd be lying to myself if I said that I was blinded by fear of her transformation. I was more afraid of the fact that I had found my soulmate. But why? I've been looking for my soulmate since the mark appeared on my arm. So why do I feel like this? Hope's perfect. She's snarky and sarcastic but she's also caring and protective. Even if she did lie to me, she asked me out because she felt bad for me. No one's ever done that for me. 

   Guilt seeps into every corner of my mind as I think of what I just tried to do. Because of my blind anger, I drugged and chained her to a wall. Ugh, I can't believe I did that to my own soulmate. I have to make it up to her. Somehow, and the fact that I ran out after she told her family probably isn't a good first impression. 

   My mind filters through some ideas to get on their good side but none seem to stick out. I let my mind wander and it goes to the day in my dad's office when Hope was spitting out the black liquid which was my fault.

   I mentally kick and scold myself as I remember that I did nothing to help her. I just watched her as she choked on the consequences of a black magic spell that she did for me. I blamed her for everything just because of a little lie that she tried so hard to fix. Fuck.