[25] Training Part 2

Penelope POV

   Uncle Kol and his group move to the left where a mat lays on the floor while Aunt Davina pulls us to the right. I yell at Uncle Kol about Quinn not being able to hear and he gives me a thumbs-up. I look back and start paying attention to what Aunt Davina is saying.

   "Today, we'll be doing elemental magic since usually, there are elements around you that you can use. Is there any element that you guys are especially good at?" "Air," I tell her even though she already knows. I guess it's more for Lizzie and Josie. "Fire." I look over at Josie surprised. For some reason, fire is not what I thought would say. Fire is the most unpredictable making it harder to control than the other elements. Fire spells are usually harder than a simple fire spell that most witches can do. "I don't know. I don't really do elemental magic." 

    You don't really do magic, period. I haven't seen you do a single spell, Lizzie. I don't say anything aloud but that's what I think. "That's okay. We'll figure it out today. By the end of today, you'll all be masters of tier 1 and 2 elemental spells. Let's start with fire."

   She leads us farther away from the other group of people. "Josie, since you are good at fire, how about you start." The brunette looks around nervously before nodding. "Do as many fire spells as you know." 

   Her hand goes to her necklace and she siphons from it before holding out her hand and saying, "incendia" A little flame dances across her palm as she casts the spell and the flames reflect in her brown eyes. A small grin spreads across her face. She holds the spell for a little before she closes her hand and the fire vanishes. 

    She holds out her hand to the side of her. "augue" A small fireball forms in the palm of her hand and she throws it into the air before catching it in her other hand. She plays with it for a little before the fire dies out.

   She holds out her hand again after opening her hand. "Ignalusa" She cups her hands under her mouth and blows. She blows the fire a few feet in front of her before she stops the spell. She turns back to us and everyone claps. Although, Lizzie claps pretty weakly. "Good job. That was a tier 1 spell, a tier 2 spell, and a tier 3 spell. You are very good with fire." 

   Josie walks back towards us and I hold up my hand. She high-fives it and she smiles widely. 

   "Who wants to go next?" I look over at Lizzie but after seeing that she has no plans to move, I step forward. "I'll go." I walk up so that I'm facing the rest of the group. 

    "ventus" I push my hand forward and a gust of wind causes the punching bags to sway in the air. The chains holding it creak as the wind moves it but it abruptly stops as I stop the spell. 

   "vortex" I point a finger to the space right in front of me and my hair starts blowing to the side of my face as a miniature whirlwind form at my feet. It spins quickly causing bouts of wind to move my hair. I close my hand into a fist and the whirlwind stops.  

  I hold my hand out and I flatten my hand. "ventus murum" I smirk and after a minute Lizzie sighs. "That didn't do anything." I chuckle before saying, "Walk forward." I'm baiting her and she knows it but she still falls for it. She takes a step forward only to be knocked back by an invisible wall.

   "The hell?" "It's a wind wall. Penelope took the air in that area and hardened and tightened it so that it would be solid like a wall," Aunt Davina explains. "Continue. Do it on me. Not too much though." I nod.

   "furantur venti" Aunt Davina's hand goes to her throat as I suck the air out of her lungs but before it gets too bad she holds up her hand and I stop. She pants as she catches her breath but she's fine after a few seconds.