Encounters and Legends

After school, the small quintet went to the woods per Trey's instructions. And there were a whole mass of chestnuts there too.

"Whoa! There really are a lotta chestnuts here! If we have this much, then it's all-you-can-eat marron tarts for us and-Ouch!!" Grim suddenly yelped as he was not expecting to be pricked.

"Gah! The chestnut's thorns dug into my paws!" He said.

"Looks like it'll be impossible to pick them up with bare hands. We should have a bucket to place them all in, too." Deuce suggested.

"Maybe we can find those things in the botanical garden?" Ace asked.

"Good idea." Y/N said.

[LOCATION: Botanical Garden - Temperate Zone]

Ace looked around impressed." Whoa! It looks bigger on the inside."

"We should be able to find the necessary tools here. Should we split up and look?" Deuce asked.

" I'll go right, then." Ace said.

"I'll check west. Grim, Whimsy and
Y/N, can check around the inner gardens." Deuce advised.

"Got it." Y/N said as the trio made their way.

"Hey, come look at this. It looks like there're tonsa fruits here! They smell so good!" Grim smiled.

"You can't pick them." Whimsy frowned.

"But still, this is incredible, these are all plants I've never seen before." Y/N commented.

???: Ow-!

Unfortunately Y/N did not watch where she was stepping....

And she was face to face with a guy with long hair and lion ears...from his yellow vest, he's from Savanaclaw.

"Hey. You've got guts stepping on someone's tail without apologizing." He said.

Grim hid behind Y/N all scared, but
Y/N stood her ground.

"I went here thinking I can have a peaceful nap, but then my tail gets stepped on. This's the worst." He grumbled.

"I apologize if I disturbed your sleep. We were looking for a bucket."

But then the beastman took a better look at Y/N. "You... Ah, you're the female herbivore that the Mirror said can't use magic. Hmph."

And then he intruded her personal space to..........sniff her.

"Huh....?"

"Strange. I don't smell any magic, but the Mirror was right on one thing. You hold a dangerous power." He said in curiosity.

"Urk... I don't know how to explain, but his glares are sending chills down my spine!" Grim whispered.

"He's setting me off too..." Whimsy agreed.

"You think I'm gonna let you off scot free after you just stepped on the great Leona's tail? I'm in a bad mood after being woken up from a good sleep. Start gritting your teeth."

"Care to back that up?" Y/N frowned as she prepared her Duel Disk.

Then a younger beastman from Savanaclaw called out. "Leona-san~!"

"What?" Leona groaned.

The newcomer smiled. "I knew you'd be here. You've got supplementary lessons today."

Leona grumbled..."And here comes the noisy one."

"You already repeated a year, Leona-san. If things keep going like this, we'll end up being classmates next year, y'know?" The student reminded him.