Getting a Job

That night, Y/N showed Ace and Deuce more about Duel Monsters, with the original performance of the game. (Think Season 0 of Yugioh)

Grim only won 2 times, but that was only against Ace and Deuce, Ace won 8 times, and Deuce won at least 9 rounds against the other two. But none of them won against Y/N having played the game far longer.

"Man, you really are good at this,
Y/N." Ace said as he drank some hot chocolate.

"Your skills are clearly higher than ours when it comes to tactics." Deuce said.

"Well, it was pretty easy with Grim. He kept using monster cards only. Ace kept using the wrong spell cards for certain Monsters, but you seemed to have a better grasp." Y/N said getting their attention.

"What do you mean by that?" Grim asked.

"Duel Monsters is about strategy, combining spells to increase your Monster's strength, defending them, using traps to either stop the opponent's Monsters from attacking, or getting rid of them. And some trap and spell cards can only be used for certain Monsters or a certain archetype. Without spells or traps, the Monsters will get beaten every time." Y/N explained.

Seeing it was getting late, Y/N decided to get to bed.

Unknown to her, another strange dream would come.....

Dream Sequence – Queen of Hearts]

Y/N found herself back at the Rose Maze, but this time, the Queen of Hearts was there, and she noticed the red paint on the roses, making her mad.

"How dare you defile my roses! You better prepare yourselves!" The Queen yelled.

3 OF CLUBS: Oh, please spare me, my Queen! The one to blame is him–!
2 OF CLUBS: It is not my fault, it’s Ace’s fault!
QUEEN OF HEARTS: Was it you?
ACE OF CLUBS: No, my Queen! It was 2!
QUEEN OF HEARTS: So, it is 2’s doing?
2 OF CLUBS: It is not me, I swear! It’s 3!
Having heard enough,, the Queen shouted. "Enough! Off with your heads, the three of you!"

CARD GUARDS: (shrieks and whistle)

To Y/N's disgust, the Queen of Hearts did not pay her victims any pity and giggled in glee.

Even the other card soldiers scolded the unfortunate Club Cards.

2 OF DIAMONDS: We have no other choice because you got the colors of the roses wrong.
3 OF SPADES: Mistaking white for red was a foolish mistake.

"But it does not mean you should take their heads off." Y/N frowned as the dream ended and she heard the voice again.

"An unknown rule will be broken. Tensions will rise in the Wonderland. Karma is drawing closer."

'What did that mean?' Y/N thought as she woke the next morning.

"Wake up, everyone. Today is the Unbirthday Party, remember? It’s off with our heads if we’re late." Deuce announced to the boys as Y/N went off to change into a fresh outfit.

She remembered she set up a pillow fort in the living room, and somehow, she had all her plushies in the dorm.

She had a Dark Magician, Kuriboh, Blue Eyes White Dragon, Red Eyes Black Dragon, Stardust Dragon, and others.

Then the door knocked.

"Hm? It looks like someone’s here." Deuce said as House Dragonmaid went to get the door to show Cater.

"Good morning~! How was yesterday’s sleepover~? Did you experience youth fully by playing cards and other games~?" Cater asked cheerfully.

Ace yawned out a greeting. "(yawns) Good morning, Cater-senpai. Yeah, Y/N taught us how to play Duel Monsters. Grim didn’t know the rules so he kept picking monster cards."