Part 133

"Sorry, I didn't get you anything."sabi ni Pat.

"You didn't have to."sabi ko and dahil mukhang makakatulog na ako, umayos na ako ng higa.

"Well, since I didn't get you anything, ito na lang regalo ko sayo."sabi niya.

"Alin?"

Palingon na sana ako kay Pat para tingnan yung sinasabi niya but I was surprised when she kissed me on the cheek.

At sa sobrang gulat ko feeling ko tumigil lahat. I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe, and I couldn't think.

"Goodnight."sabi niya sabay tumalikod siya sa 'kin.

I felt myself blush. Pakiramdam ko uminit yung buong katawan ko sa ginawa ni Pat. Hindi ko na nga alam kung sa alak pa ba 'to o sa kiss ni Pat.

"Pat."sabi ko.

"Hm?"

"Can you please turn around and face me?"

"Agnes I swear if you're planning something stupid, I will hit you."

"Calm down. I'm not. I'm literally an arms-length away."sabi ko sa kanya habang natatawa. I waited for her to turn around and I was met by her eyes. Pat's eyes were vibrant despite the darkness.

"O what?"sabi niya.

"Wala. I just wanted you to look at me when I tell you this."

"Tell me what?"

"Thank you for spending Christmas with me."sabi ko. "And thank you for making me happy."dagdag ko. Di ko alam saan ko pinulot yung mga sinabi ko, but Pat really has made me very happy.

"Can I at least get a hug?"sabi ko. She nodded and moved closer. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same. She rested one of her cheeks sa braso ko and I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Merry Christmas wifey."sabi ko sa kanya.

She suddenly looked up and her lips lightly brushed my chin. It wasn't really a kiss and it was too fast but it was enough para mahulasan ako.

"Merry Christmas Aji."