Part 171

After several weeks and months of preparing and planning, finally, ikakasal na kami ni Pat. I have already made my entrance and now I'm anxiously waiting for Pat.

I saw the cue and narinig ko na yung boses ni Pao.

"Kasalukuyang iniibig ka, di inakalang buong-buong tatanggapin. Ako na yatang pinakamapalad, ako nga ba ay karapat-dapat? "kanta ni Paolo.

They finally unveiled Pat and she was glowing underneath the soft tones of the sun and I smiled. I've never seen Pat this beautiful. This song was the very same song that was playing when I first saw her sa campus. This feels like the first time I laid eyes on her, where she managed to enchant me with her smile and I never forgot her since then. Nakaheadset ako nun habang pinapakinggan ko yung parehong kanta and as if the heaven knows, it introduced me to my wife. I wiped my tears. Tama si Sir Johnoy. Marriage is a beautiful thing. And Pat, Pat will always be the reason why it is.

"Are you ready wifey?"sabi ko sa kanya as I took her hand. It was ice cold, and I guess pareho kaming kinakabahan.

"I am."

We made our way sa harap and we were now facing each other. The ceremony has already started and I'm starting to feel anxious, pero I tried to compose myself. I know that I can make it.

"Agnes, we're okay. Look at me, we're just at the beach. Just enjoying the sand and the sea."sabi ni Pat and I smiled. I don't know how she does that, but she has a way with me and she knows how to calm me down.

"Magpakailanman, ikaw ay tatabihan. Sasamahan ko ang iyong pangarap. Aalagaan ko ang iyong tiwala. Pipilitin kong 'di ka luluha."kanta ni Pao.

I looked out at the horizon to watch the sea and then I turned looked at Pat again. Moments.

"Karangalan maging iyong katuwang, kaulayaw di ako bibitaw."kanta ni Pao. Pat and I looked at each other and we just smiled.

Sinabihan na kami to say our wedding vows. Pat then took out her phone.

"Aji, today would have been the worst day of my life. Of how I hated to be here and be married to the most annoying person I've ever met, but now I am standing here today, happy and excited to be with the most annoying person I've ever met, and yet the most selfless, and the most caring person I've ever known."sabi ni Pat and I chuckled. We both didn't know that we'd end up here, but somehow I'm happy we did.

"Agnes, I remember the first time we met. Or at least the first time that I remembered meeting you. Naalala ko na nakipag-agawan ako sa'yo ng taxi and stomped on your foot. I was so annoyed cause I hate being late, and it annoys me because I hate when people stare at me when I arrive. Ewan ko probably because I never liked to be the center of attention. But you made me feel na, attention is something that should be given to me. I've been chasing someone over the last couple of years and my concept of love was very vague and I thought love is about waiting and keeping yourself available.

But you made me feel that love is about attention, love is about being available but it means being there, it means being present. And no I don't mean physically, because even when I don't see you, you're just there and you made me feel that you are always present."sabi ni Pat then she looked up at me. I wiped my face and just smiled at her.

"You made me feel and you taught me that love is brave. And you're the one who's scared of getting married but I'm the one that you've made braver. I've always been afraid of falling in love again, because I never knew how it feels na masuklian ng pagmamahal coming from the person of my affection. But you made me feel that I deserve it. You made me feel that love is supposed to be happy, that love is supposed to be beautiful and I'm thankful for that.