Part 136

Sobrang late na nung dumating kami ng condo dahil sa sobrang traffic dahil sa mga kasabay naming pauwi na rin ng Manila. Sobrang pagod na ako na gusto ko na lang mahiga. Kaya pagpasok ng condo, binaba ko na agad yung mga gamit namin sa condo and nag-ayos na rin para matulog. Habang nasa cr si Pat uminom lang din ako ng tubig at pumunta na sa sofa.

"Agnes."sabi ni Pat habang pa-upo na ako sa sofa.

"Hm?"

"Dito ka na matulog?"sabi niya habang tinuturo niya yung kwarto.

"I thought we're getting a bigger bed first?"

"Kasya naman tayo sa bed. And it's not like we haven't slept together in one bed." I just stood there kasi hindi ko alam how to react. "Dali na. Baka magbago pa isip ko."sabi niya  kaya bigla akong lumakad papasok ng kwarto. I really wanted to lie down already.

"Sus. Kunyari ka pa eh. Ang sabihin mo gusto mo lang na may kayakap sa pagtulog."sagot ko and she rolled her eyes.

"Ang kapal mo talaga eh no? Pero..."

"Pero ano?"

"Can I?"sabi niya and I chuckled. Arte talaga nitong si Patricia.

"Oo naman. My arms are always open."sabi ko then tumabi na siya sa 'kin at yumakap.

Nung yumakap sa 'kin si Pat, I realized how comforting it was. I am dead tired but when she embraced me, alam kong nabawasan na agad yung pagod ko. It felt like being home after a very long day. And I realized, this is the reason why I have decided to get therapy.

Pat pressed her ear against my chest and I wonder if she can hear my irregular heartbeat. I looked at her and I knew that she's everything I wanted and more. She suddenly looked up at me and tonight, I didn't feel the need to look away. She's beautiful under the moonlight. And tonight, she's all I want.

I don't know how long we stared at each other but somehow I felt as if we are moving towards each other. I can feel Pat's warm breath on my face. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. It was just supposed to be a goodnight kiss. But I knew I wanted more. I saw Pat close her eyes. I inched closer to Pat and I kissed the tip of her nose. I can feel my heart thumping restlessly on my chest and she looked at me. It was enough to tell me that she wants me too. Pero I can't look away from Pat and I just stared at her. I rested my hand below her ear and caressed her cheek with my thumb. She smiled at me and she took of my glasses. Mapungay yung mga mata ni Pat but despite not wearing my glasses, they were very clear to me.

We were back at the staring game again and I didn't want to think anymore. I didn't want to ruin the moment again and God knows how much I waited for this to finally come. I saw Pat close her eyes again and as I leaned forward --

Biglang humilik si Pat.

I shook my head and took a deep breath.

Pag minamalas ka nga naman.