Chapter Twenty Six

We headed up to the breakfast buffet. People were staring at us as we couldn't keep our hands off each other. I felt like a giddy teenage girl, my heart was so light today and my mind was so clear and not stressed.

"What ya thinking over there? You're awfully quiet."

"Actually I'm not thinking about anything. Which is strange for me. Normally my brain is going a mile a minute." This made him smile even bigger, he leaned into my ear and whispered. "Then I did a good job." I giggled again like a little teenage girl. "Stop it, we are in public."

After we ate our fill, we headed down to my bungalow so I could change. Trent voiced his opinion about me no longer being commando. I rummaged through my suitcase to find something sexy to wear. I don't want to wear just anything in front of him. I found one of the romper things that I bought before we left. I hadn't been brave enough to wear it yet. The front was cut in a fairly low V shape. I didn't really want it but Shelly insisted I buy it. Well my curling iron heated. I read the instructions on how to put the breast tape on so my girls didn't flop out during our outing.

"Hey don't forget your bathing suit." He hollered back into the bathroom at me. Bathing suit well this changed my entire outfit idea. So I tried to sneak back into the main area so that I could get something else to put on. I knew if he saw me half dressed we wouldn't be making it out of the room. No such luck.

"Damn, you can wear that too."

"Not if I need my bathing suit on." I snatched my suit and a pair of shorts out of my bag and went back into the bathroom. This made getting ready a whole lot easier. I curled my hair, did my makeup and was ready to go. Though my swim top felt strange with one side having breast tape.

We started our day off by walking around the town doing some different shopping. Trent obviously has no idea about kids because he was picking out the most ridiculous things for gifts. At one point I had to remind him Libby was nine when he was showing me cute little onesies that said Fiji on it. I explained each of the kids to him to try to help him understand. "Libby is nine and she loves science. She is very smart for her age and when she isn't fighting with Max she is like a little adult. Max is thirteen and loves sports. He is really into baseball and skateboarding. He made pitcher this year for his little league team. Vanessa, well she is fifteen and a hurricane of moods. She likes anything that I hate. We don't see very eye to eye right now. She's usually mad at me."

"Why aren't you two getting along?"

"Well currently his name would be Aston. A bad boy with a stolen motorcycle." I continued to kind of dump my Vanessa troubles on him. I really loved how he was so interested in the kids. He was truly listening to all the things about them. I went on to explain about how this change just started when Elliott and I started really having trouble and just got worse when we finally separated. I told him how she doesn't talk to or hang out with any of her old friends or do any of the things she liked to do. "When she was little she was my best buddy. Now she can't stand to be around me for more than five minutes. I can't say it doesn't break my heart. I didn't have my mom, I wanted so much to do all those things with her."

"That may be part of the problem, she isn't you. I don't mean that harshly, but things that you love and enjoy doing may not be what she likes. She sounds like a complete right brain."

"What did you call her?"

"I didn't call her anything," He paused to laugh at me. "I simply mean that you are clearly a left brain thinker, logical, controlled. Sounds like your other two are that way as well. However, Vanessa sounds right brained to me. She seems to think more using that side. People like her are more creative. I bet she is more artistic. There is nothing wrong with right brain thinking, I am a right brain thinker. We right brainers tend to have hotter tempers and are more visual with our feelings then we are talking about them."