Christmas at the Burrow (SS, LM)

Introduction:
It's Christmas at the Burrow. They have invited Y/N, Laura, Vera, Snape, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, the Trio, Luna, Neville, Lupin, Black, Dumbledore and McGonagall. They are all going to have a wonderful time together.

PS: This one shot takes place after the Christmas Special (a series of TKOTD containing 24 chapters). The only reference from there is the baby peacock. The way they celebrate Christmas in the one shot is inspired by how my family celebrates.

BTW: Merry Christmas! 🎅🏻🎄

Word count: 1.7k

Published: 12/25/2021

It's Christmas. At the Burrow, the Weasley family is preparing before their guests arrive. Hermione and Harry are already here, currently helping with setting the table.

So is Black - well, he's having a quick taste of the food as it's cooking instead of helping, which makes Mrs. Weasley scold him.

She's preparing a LOT of food - there are twenty-one mouths to feed after all.

There is roasted duck, roasted pork, potatoes, caramelised potatoes, brown sauce, pickles, hot red cabbage, crisps...

Yes, crisps. Apparently, some Muggles like to dip crisps into the brown sauce. The girls asked for crisps, so crisps they shall receive.

For the dessert, they will have risalamande which is a rice dessert with cream and almonds.

There's a little game with this dessert, however - all the almonds are split except for one. If you get the whole almond, you receive a present!

The girls insisted on being in charge of buying that present - the almond present, which they have decided to call it.

As everything is ready, a knock can be heard on the door. "They are here!" Harry exclaims as he, Ron and Hermione open the door.

All the guests are outside, waiting. It's Y/N, Laura, Vera, Snape, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, Luna, Neville, Lupin, Dumbledore and McGonagall.

"Happy Christmas!" Hermione says, greeting everybody.

Y/N smiles. "Happy Christmas, Hermione, Ron and Harry!" she says as she hugs them.

They all then enter, hanging their coats to dry. It's snowing outside - it's a white Christmas.

Mr. Weasley approaches to greet the guests.

"Welcome, everybody! And happy Christmas! You came just in time for dinner" he says as he shows them the way to the dining room. It looks really cosy, and the food smells amazing.

They all sit down at the table as they start eating the delicious feast. Ron keeps munching on each thing on his plate which makes Hermione roll her eyes at him.

Y/N is sitting between Snape and Lucius. People suddenly start to notice something on Lucius' shoulder.

"Did you seriously bring the baby peacock with you?" Black asks, raising an eyebrow.

Lucius huffs. "Of course I did, I couldn't leave her at the Manor. This is Cindy's first Christmas after all" he states before taking a bite of his potatoes.

Narcissa chuckles. Lucius insisted on bringing Cindy the peacock with him - Y/N was very happy that he did.

Once they are done eating their meal, it's time for dessert - or well, it's time for a game. They all dig into their rice dessert, carefully chewing in case they get the almond.

Draco is however digging around in his dessert with his spoon, trying to find the almond.

"Cheater!" the twins exclaim as they point at the Slytherin boy.