Chapter 17: Venemous

Dedicated to @wunderlands for the beautiful cover!!

Clarey's pov

For some reason, Jackson and I were back in questioning with Sheriff Stilinski. Jackson was taking back what we said about Isaac and I played along hoping he had a good reason for this.

"So now you're telling me that you didn't see Isaac and his father arguing before the murder?" He asks, his face was scrunched up in confusion and annoyance.

"Not exactly." Jackson said. I didn't open my mouth, I didn't know what was going on.

"Not exactly or no? Because when it comes to the law, there's a fairly large divide between not exactly and no." Sheriff said.

Then he continued, "Like, if 'not exactly' were sitting in this chair, then 'no' would be somewhere in the middle of the pacific ocean, drowning next to my career." I let out a loud laugh at this and when the guys looked at me I put my hand over may mouth to stifle my giggles.

Sheriff sighed, "So what's it gonna be, huh? Not exactly or no?"

"No." Jackson answered.

''''''''''''''''''''''''

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach Finstock said, well more like shouted.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question."

There are two things that I hate about economics, one, the loudness of a certain Bobby Finstock, and two, my profound hatred towards the word profound. Coach somehow always sneaks that word into his shouting and I have no idea why that bothers me as much as it does.

"Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." Finstock said pointing at a brunette boy who's name I couldn't bother to remember.

"Jackson! Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" Coach said, making me look over at my twin like the rest of the class.

"Um just an undying admiration for my my coach." Jackson stuttered, and I let out a quiet laugh, gaining Jacksons attention. He winked at me before facing Coach again.

"That's really kind of you." Coach chuckles, "Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

Lydia walks, excuse me, struts up to the board to answer the question and she starts to write until she suddenly screams.

"Lydia!" I shout, running up to her she just shakes her head and runs out of the room.

"Okay then, anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?" Coach says, making some of the students laugh.

"What is that, Greek?" Stiles queries.