Chapter 41

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!
(I apologize if there are a lot of errors, I wrote this at 3 AM🥲)

Scarlett's P.O.V

"You will and you'll make it believable too. Because if you don't, then the only wedding gift you will receive is your sister's head in a box"

His words replayed in my mind the entire morning as one of his maids fed me a bowl of soggy cereal. There had to be another way. There's always another way.

Where the fuck are you, Alex?

"You're so lucky," one of the maids, Celia, said to me as she combed my hair.

"Lucky?" I asked. "How is this lucky?"

"You get to marry Master Cade. Any girl would die to be in your shoes," she responded.

"Then by all means, you marry him because I sure as fuck don't want to," I replied.

"Master Cade is a...troubled man, yes. He has many demons and tends to lean towards violence, but I can assure you, I've never seen him look at anyone the way he does you. I'm positive he loves you," she said, a small smile on her lips.

"I'm quite certain Cade doesn't know what love is, nor is he capable of it," I retorted with an eye roll.

"Well how could you be so sure? You've never given him a chance to prove himself. Maybe if you did, you'd come to love him too," she said. God bless this girl for the amount of hope she had.

"Celia, do you want to know why I can't remember shit from the past two years?" I asked. "It's because of him! That man out there is a fucking psychopath that drugged me. I got into a car accident because of him and I wouldn't be surprised if he planned that too! Cade will never be capable of love and I will never love him. I would rather die," I spat as she quietly nodded her head. "I'm sorry for yelling," I said after a while of silence.

"It's alright. You have strong feelings that need to be let out," she replied with a small smile. When I get out of here, I'm taking her with me. "Have you seen your dress yet?" she asked, changing the subject.

"Nope," I replied as I fidgeted with the restraints. "Have you?" I asked.

"Oh, yes," she said, her eyes filled with a starry glow. "It's such a beautiful dress. All the other maids are jealous of you," she beamed.

"Tell them they can have it then," I mumbled.

"Miss Scarlett, I know you don't like Master Cade very much, but maybe if you were nicer to him you wouldn't be in such a...predicament," she said as she gestured towards my restraints.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Well, it's worth a shot, isn't it?" she asked.

Maybe I could sweet talk my way out of here.

Before I could verbally respond to her, Federico barges in, snapping at Celia to leave. "What do you want?" I asked as he undid the restraints from the bed.

"Still with the attitude, I see," he replied. "It's time for your shower. Celia and Tinae will assist you, unless you prefer I do it," he said as his eyes travelled slowly down my body, causing my skin to crawl.

"Celia and Tinae will do just fine," I snapped as I tried to pull away from him.

"Don't forget who has the upper hand here," he said as he pulled me out the door and into a bathroom. "Strip," he said.

"Fuck you," I snapped.

"Either you strip now by your own free will or I'll do it for you. I won't mind the latter," he replied as he held a switchblade to my throat.