Chapter 45

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

Alex's P.O.V

"It has come to my attention," I said as I sat down at my desk and surveyed the room, "that we have a mole." As side eyes were given by everyone as they looked at each other, trying to figure out who it was, no one dared to speak.

"Only a select few of you knew Scarlett's location at the time of her kidnapping," I said as I poured myself a drink. "If I don't call your name, leave my office and meet Josiah in the main room. He will be giving your assignments to you. I don't care what comes up or who dies, we find Scarlett at all costs," I snapped. "Is that understood?" I asked.

"Yes, boss," they replied in unison.

"Good. Ian, Maxwell, Yuriah, and Darrius, stay behind. Everyone else get the fuck out," I snapped. As they scurried out of my office, I looked at each of the men that stood before me. One or a few of them had information on where my Scarlett was, and I was determined to get it out of them sooner rather than later.

"Fellas, pull up a chair and have a seat. This is going to take a while," I said as they sat down. Before I could speak, a notification pops up on my phone from an unknown number. "One moment please," I said as I opened the message and clicked on the link, which led me to a live streaming site. As it played, I saw Scarlett's tear and sweat stricken face.

"Say hi, baby," Cade said with a laugh as he put the camera to her face. Look what I have," he said sing songingly. "How ya doing, Alex?" he asked. "I know, I know. You're mad. I have what you want. So I figured it was only fair for Scarlett to decide for herself who she wants. I'm sure you saw our wedding photos. Shame you couldn't be there," he said with a chuckle.

"Babe, it's Alex. Say hi," he said as he roughly grabbed her face, forcing her to look at the camera. "H-hi, Alex," she choked out. "Don't fucking try anything you'll regret," he warned.

What has this fucker been doing to her? Connecting my phone to my laptop, I begin to trace the feed, hoping for a possible location.

"Sir, I can tra-," Darrius started.

"Quiet!" I snapped.

"Good girl," he said as pecked her cheek, my blood boiling within me. "Now, we'll make this quick," he said as he turned toward Scar. "Babe, isn't there something you want to tell Alex?" he asked. Slowly shaking her head no, I could tell she was on the verge of losing consciousness. "I don't know why you do this to yourself," he said angrily. Moving the camera around, I get the full view of Scar. She's restrained to a bed by her wrists and on her knees, facing the head of the bed.

"Scarlett here, has a listening problem," he said as he positioned the camera to get a full view of the bed. "I'll ask again, Scarlett," he said as he picked up a belt, "Isn't," he said as the best connected with her back as she cried out in pain, "there," another lash, "something," two more lashes, "you," another lash, "want," and another, "to tell," and another, "Alex," he bellowed angrily as he hit her five more times, causing her to cry in pain and blood slowly dripped down her back and onto the bed.

"I-I-,"she started. "Good girl, use your words," he said as he brought the camera back to her face. As she sniffled and blinked the tears away, she looked into the camera and I could see the hurting in her eyes.

"I-I need you to s-stop looking f-for me," she choked out.

Over my dead body.

"I-I'm in l-love with Cade and you n-need to leave us a-alone," she said as she held back tears.