Chapter Five

~Levy POV~ 

I collected all of my ingrediants last night and got up early just to make the homemade meal. Gajeel's truck was gone when I got up this morning, I wonder what he's up to. 

In no time the potatoes are done and the pork chops are half way there. I'll finish the corn and gravy later, I can finish tonight when we get home tonight, it'll only take a few minutes to throw it all together. I'm still waiting on the dough to rise so I can form the biscuits and throw them in the oven.

A slight burning smell breaks my concentration, "Crap! The pork chops!"

I hurry and take them off the burner before they completely burn them. I made a few extra, one for me to have for lunch and extra for Gajeel, I've seen how he can eat. 

I finish with the potatoes, taste testing to make sure they're good and done. Oh lord, these taste like heaven! Thank you Mom! 

My phone rings and I snap out of my food daze. I push my glasses up over my messy blue hair in order to see my phone a little better. 

I answer quickly, "Hello?"

"Be ready by one o'clock. Don't kill me for what I have planned either," I hear Gajeel's rough voice on the other end.

"What?"

"One o'clock sharp. Dress comfortably but in something you don't mind getting dirty."

"Okay?" the line goes dead. "Well aren't you sweet," I frown.

I check my watch, its a quarter to one. I've not taken a shower, I've managed to put the rools in the oven in all this commotion and they're almost done

Once they're out, I jump in the shower. I grab my own pair of camo cargo shorts and a black t-shirt, a little small but its worth it. I put on my plain black converse and I'm ready to go. I grab my smaller extra wallet and switch out my ID, money, and bank card, sliding it in my pocket, my phone goes off. I grab my glasses and jog to the kitchen. 

I answer the phone but the voice on the other side responds first, "Come outside your apartment. No weapons, no freaking out. Do you trust me?" the phone call ends.

Before I can respond there's a knock at the door, "Ms. McGarden, can you please step outside and come with us?"

I unlock the door and open it slowly, cops in full swat uniform are standing outside.

"What is the mean-" I never finish the sentence.

I awake some time later, in a dark place. I feel around and find only a fun. As soon as I touch it, I light up with a bright green light. 

"Finally you're awake," a voice says in my ear. "We're going to play a little game."

"I've seen enough of Saw to see where this is going. I want out."

"Not how this game goes. This is a laser tag/paint ball course, but we are also playing hide and seek. This is a huge arena."

"Gajeel? You bastard."

"That's my name, so dont wear it out."

"If that's how its going to be then lets make a bet."

"If all goes well, what happens?"

"If I win," I pause, "I chose the next course of action. If you win, it's your choice."

"Course of action? I thought you wanted to get rid of me?"

I blush, "I made you food."

He pauses.  Haha I've got you now.

"We've got two hours to find each other. First person to shoot the other person wins."

"Deal."

"And now," the walls around me light up, "we begin."