Chapter Ten

Hey guys! Again thanks for reading this! I know the chapters are short but I'll try to make them longer. If you have anything you might want to see in here go ahead and leave a comment and I'll try to add it in. Thanks!

-Charlie

~Gajeel POV~

I don't know how I fell for this little shrimp. No girl has ever been able to keep up with me. Though none were as bossy as her either.

We make it to her apartment, the one directly below mine. No wonder why I hear her all the time, I think.

She opens the door and I follow her into the same little living room where she realized who I was. It's still all set up the same way. I notice small details more than I did before. Almost everything has orange on it.

"Make yourself comfortable in here," she says, walking down the hallway like she did last time. "I'm going to freshen up a little and change out of these clothes. If you want anything to drink, there's cups in the cabinet all the way to the left and drinks in the fridge."

I watch her duck into a room. I plop down on the couch, getting comfortable. Its not long before she comes back out.

My jaw drops as I see her outfit. I strapless black dress with white polka dots that comes down to about mid-thigh on her. Its tight around the top of her torso but then flares out, accentuating her curves. Her hair is pulled out of the way with a matching headband; blue locks accent the entire outfit.

"Close your mouth before you make a mess on my couch," she smiles.

I close my mouth and I swallow. I feel a little out of it in the outfit I'm still wearing. My favorite pair of black cargo shorts and a black v-neck t-shirt completed with a pair of black converse much like Levy's.

"I'm going to run up to my apartment and put on some clean clothes," I say coming around the corner into the kitchen.

She's putting a cookie sheet of rolls into the oven which already has a pan in it with what look like pork chops, probably warming them up. A giant pot of mash potatoes is on the stove and the microwave just beeped. It smells heavenly and she looks adorable cooking, especially in that outfit. Knock it off. It's too early for that.

She turns around, "Like I said, stop with the drooling. I figure you would already have gone and changed. You either change or you go wash up. Either way wash your hands."

"Jeez shrimp, you're so bossy."

"Do you want food?'

"Yes," I say walking towards the door. "I'll be back."

I close the door behind me, breathing out. That girl will be the death of me. I trudge up the stairs and unlock my door

"Meow."

"Hi Lily," I reach down and pet my cat. He's a big black cat, technically a smaller version of a panther.

"Meow."

"I'm going to feed you and then I have to go," I walk into the kitchen and open a can of wet cat food.

Lily brushes up against my legs, the entire time meowing and wanting attention. I put his food on the ground and he rushes over to eat. I shake my head at the fur ball, I'd adopted him years ago. He's been the closest thing to being family. Mom hated him which made me want him even more.

I walk to my room and open my closet, I have to find something acceptable. might as well be the one thing I wore for mom. I pull out my only pair of slacks, a white button up shirt and a black vest with iron buttons that match the piercings on my face. I undress and pull on the clothes. I roll up the sleeves on the shirt and slip the vest on. I find my belt and loop it through the pants.

I dig into my drawer and find the black headband that goes with the outfit. In the bathroom, I brush out my hair, being careful on how to place the headband. I usually just throw one one, but this is an important time. I slip on my black converse and head out the door.

"I'll be back later, Lily," I call closing the door. I hear him meow on the other side, wanting attention.

I walk back downstairs and knock on her door.

"Come in," she yells.

I open the door and the smells of dinner wafts out and my stomach growls.