Chapter Eight

Hey guys!

I'm going to warn you, some of my writing may not be PG-13 so if that's the case I may try to write the same chapter but make sure I have both versions so those of you who are too young or fragile for it can decide which one you would like to read. 

I hope you guys like what I've written so far, but thank you for reading! Again, I would love to have feedback.

-Charlie

~Gajeel POV~

"Ready to see you eat my dust."

I step up next to her, looking down at her smiling face. She's determined to take me head on and win.

"Well, come on then," beginning to walk down to the small building that held the go-karts that I grew up driving on Saturdays.

"Isn't there anyone here?" she asks.

"This is my family's fun center. I just had to get the key from my dad."

The crunching behind me stops, making me turn around to make sure she's okay. Her mouth is open, surprised.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"Your family's own fun center. Stocked with go-karts and anything else you could need while you're out here."

I nod, then shake my head, "I may not look like it, but my family has money."

"Rebellious bad boy in other words."

I smile, looking away, "In all honesty, yes. I hated being brought up in a rich family. I had to meet all the expectations my parents had for me. I learned early that I cant be what they wanted me to be."

She looks up at me, shocked.

"What?"

"Nothing," she shakes her head. "Lets just get going. I wanna beat you at your own game."

We make it to the building and I gesture at the rows of helmet. she smiles and picks out an orange one. I pick up my usual helmet, black with a dragon picture on the sides. I tuck it under my arm and walk through the next doorway that leads out to the go-karts.

"Pick one," I tell her. "Just not the one at the front. That one's mine."

It's all black with gray rivets and accents, nothing more than that but I like it.

She looks them over, at points to a go-kart about halfway back in our collection. it's the orange cart that goes with the helmet she picked out. My old go-kart. It hasn't been touched in years, I think to myself. I sigh as I walk towards it; only way to get it out is to pick it up and over.

"Might want to scoot out of the way," I say walking past her.

"Why?' she asks as I pick up the go-kart she picked out. "Oh."

I carry it over and set it down next to mine and check to make sure there's enough fuel. It's still full and everything else looks good to go.

"Are you ready princess?"

"Haven't I already told you to stop calling me princess?" she snaps back.

"Well," I stand up smiling, "put on your helmet 'cause your chariot awaits."

She smiles back, slipping the helmet over her head, her blue locks disappearing in it. She walks towards me, stumbling slightly; all I can do is smile. I help her in, buckle her up, and look at how perfect she is sitting in my old go-kart. I lift up the face guard, her hazel eyes shine in excitement.

"Are you ready?" I ask her.

"Yes," she nods nearly knocking me in the head with her helmet. Her eyes widen and she apologizes, though its mumbled through the helmet.

"Hey," I say holding her head still, "I'm fine. Let me get in mine and we'll get going." I let go of her head.

She nods. I start up the go-kart and point to the starting line. She pulls up to the line and waits patiently. I flip a couple switches on the control board and quickly get into mine. I pull up next to her and give her a thumbs up; she responds in the same fashion. I look up, waiting for the green light.

Sorry if my chapters are a little shorter than usual, but I like leaving people wanting to read more I guess you could blame it on manga. Thank you guys for reading. Please comment or send me feed back!

-Charlie